joeyfresh
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2006
- Messages
- 2,287
- Reaction score
- 1,405
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- Colonial Virginia
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus
Teknetics T2
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
A few months back I purchased this spoon off of Ebay where the seller claimed it was a 17th century pewter spoon. After receiving the spoon I agree that it's both pewter and, well, a spoon, but I'm not sure of the time period. I can't find an example of the maker's mark anywhere that could help me date this so I'm hoping there is a pewter spoon expert on here that could help me. Thank you.



in all seriousness that is a really nice looking spoon. Something about the shape of those early ones that makes them so distinct from the more modern ones. I've been lucky to find a few very early spoons and frags. I really want to find an apostle knop spoon. Maybe in 2016 when I get back to spoon site. Take care bud






