Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1940 (P) Mercury Dime (in not half-bad shape, if I do say so--much better than I would have expected) recovered from my permission. The only cleaning done was lightly wiping off the dirt with a micro-fiber cloth.
1714772447417.png

And yes, I let out a LOUD WOO-HOO, jumped to my feet (as well as a decrepit old fart can "jump" to his feet), and did the Walter Huston dance....

Missus thinks she may have broken something laughing. 😒

Upvote 34

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a great post and major Congrats for that first silver! Had the same excitement as you back in April 1991, nabbed a 61-D Rosie, will never forget seeing that silver edge.
Here's hoping you have enough in the tank to do a LOT more dancing!

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1940 (P) Mercury Dime (in not half-bad shape, if I do say so--much better than I would have expected) recovered from my permission. The only cleaning done was lightly wiping off the dirt with a micro-fiber cloth.
View attachment 2146949

And yes, I let out a LOUD WOO-HOO, jumped to my feet (as well as a decrepit old fart can "jump" to his feet), and did the Walter Huston dance....

That Deus 2 will find many, many more! congrats and keep going.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2146949

Congrats

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
View attachment 2146949

My older mate looks exactly like the guy dancing.
Ill send that clip to him. 😂

OP
OP
Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My older mate looks exactly like the guy dancing.
Ill send that clip to him. 😂
Ohmygosh... send him a link to the movie--a prospecting classic starring Bogie!

Here's another scene--perhaps better known for all the parody.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
(They never said, "We don't need no stinkin' badges!" That was Belushi. 😉)

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2146949

GREAT looking coin :)

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2146949

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2146949

she's a real nice save for your first silver, wtg!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread