What's new

Educate Me

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2016
Messages
3,410
Reaction score
5,202
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked these pieces up this evening while I was killing some time.
Northern California.
77A15D64-158C-4E4B-A918-D4B91559FE97.webp

E1AE9AD5-5DA2-41B5-896C-EDDA951F3F3E.webp
0DF3FF5F-A5B0-4734-BED0-ED61360038DB.webp
Thought this was a broken point at first, but now I'm thinking it could be a little drill or graver?

22F8580F-40EA-4261-83F0-8E98439CD2ED.webp
66D27577-A046-4FCE-B38E-3109E3A1BC02.webp
A graver? Drill? Unfinished discard?

87552613-F7CB-4149-97F1-C303DC807257.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd say the first one is a point with one ear broken off. The other looks like debitage or an expedient tool. Gary
 
Based on what I see, I would agree with Gary.

The point looks like it suffered an impact fracture as well as losing one ear.
 
Good eye finding those the one in questions almost looks like they were making a point very similar to your other find and maybe it broke or just didn’t finish it the point on it looks worked
 
The first one has a definate notch above the ear.
The style seems different than any I've found.
I can't find an example on google that has such long sharp ears with notches above.
Am I looking at it wrong?
Can anybody venture a guess as to the type?
 
Last edited:
They look like points in the Desert Side Notched Cluster .
 
They look like points in the Desert Side Notched Cluster .

Definitely what Southfork and others above said! If you google it and search a little you will find that the bases and ears were made in made different shapes from concave, square, indented base, etc.
 
Thanks for the information.
Easy to let your imagination run away if you don't know a lot about this stuff.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom