What's new

Egyptian style oval bronze token hieroglyphs 22mm x 31mm - Can anyone identify it?

WilliamBoyd

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2007
Messages
648
Reaction score
341
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
post_egyptovalcoin.jpg


[SIZE=2][SIZE=3][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=3]Egyptian Oval Token
Bronze, 22 mm x 31 mm, 5.76 gm
Both sides have Egyptian-style hieroglyphs and figures

The only information that I have is from a coin collectors forum where someone stated that these were handed out by museums in the 1920's.


:)

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
 
Last edited:
Oddly enough his photo is the exact same as the one on the link I posted.
Notice the RXM at the bottom left of the pic, and the RXM in the URL.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, somebody posted a link to my website.

I still do not have any evidence of the "museum handout" story except for one person on an internet coin board.

I have seen a few on internet sales places like Ebay.

I have never seen one with an attached loop for wearing.

:)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom