Electromagnetic methods

geowizard

Greenie
Apr 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks,

I've been around a while on this and other Forums. I have been most prolific on the Alaska Gold Forum http://alaskagoldforum.x10host.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1 .

It's time to bring some REAL discussion about a METHOD that works. You don't need to ask around for opinions. The proof is everywhere you look. Gold and other precious metals are discovered every day - all over the world. Metal detectors are based on the electromagnetic method as well as high-end multimillion dollar airborne applications!

I'm going to "spill the beans" on where you can find GOLD right here on TreasureNet. Find out how it works. Prove it to yourself if you need to. I will provide links to survey data in Alaska! You can save the years to learn interpretation. I have done all of that.

Don't go away! :)

- Geowizard

OP
OP
G

geowizard

Greenie
Apr 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The basic physics;

Electromagnetics, the electromagnetic method as used in GOLD and other precious metals and base metals exploration all comes down to simple physics!

There are many references that explain the science behind the method!

It's the "Real Deal".

- Geowizard

OP
OP
G

geowizard

Greenie
Apr 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Resistivity and conductivity;

In the electromagnetic method, the objective is to locate conductive minerals and metals. Resistivity is the inverse of conductivity. We understand that metals are "conductors" and a HIGH conductivity is what we seek. The Resistivity of the earth is measured and is the quantity most often used. We are looking for LOW resistivity when we are looking for GOLD and other metallic minerals.

I hope this gets us on solid footing to go forward with more discussion on the topic!

Stick around! :)

- Geowizard

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks,

I've been around a while on this and other Forums. I have been most prolific on the Alaska Gold Forum http://alaskagoldforum.x10host.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1 .

It's time to bring some REAL discussion about a METHOD that works. You don't need to ask around for opinions. The proof is everywhere you look. Gold and other precious metals are discovered every day - all over the world. Metal detectors are based on the electromagnetic method as well as high-end multimillion dollar airborne applications!

I'm going to "spill the beans" on where you can find GOLD right here on TreasureNet. Find out how it works. Prove it to yourself if you need to. I will provide links to survey data in Alaska! You can save the years to learn interpretation. I have done all of that.

- Geowizard
If you are interested in any of these topics, please let me know. As a professional geophysicist, I do these types of surveys all over the world. I also do treasure hunting consulting. I am not interested in selling you a specific instrument or some snake oil “geophysical” instrument that is targeted at treasure hunters but doesn’t do what it is advertised to do.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are interested in any of these topics, please let me know. As a professional geophysicist, I do these types of surveys all over the world. I also do treasure hunting consulting. I am not interested in selling you a specific instrument or some snake oil “geophysical” instrument that is targeted at treasure hunters but doesn’t do what it is advertised to do.
Good post.

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an example plot of data I collected a number of years ago with a Geonics EM61-MK2 (~$40K USD) time domain electromagnetic induction (TDEM) metal detector over my test site. We buried a number of unexploded ordnance (UXO) targets here as well as wires, pipes, and 55 gallon drums. The data is quite pretty an this instrument is pretty common in near surface geophysics. It would be considered a standard digital geophysical mapping (DGM) instrument that collects geophysical data simultaneously with high accuracy global navigation surveying system (GNSS) positions. The collection software that I use with it is called RTmapEM61MK2 by Geomar software and it can show a real-time gridded map of the instrument response that it pretty similar to this plot. It has mostly been replaced with more modern instruments for UXO surveys now that are capable of advance geophysical classification (AGC).

I usually use a GapEOD UltraTEM-III (~$130K USD) array now as it has a 3m by 1m transmit coil and six three component receiver coils. This type of system can detect 100% of the metallic targets in the ground to a depth of approximately 3 m, be 100% accurate on whether they are UXO or non-UXO, and occasionally tell you 100% what the exact depth and orientation of each UXO target is as well as the exact model of the UXO.

Attachments

• ERDC UXO Test Site Geonics EM61-MK2.jpg
    ERDC UXO Test Site Geonics EM61-MK2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 32

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread