Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you thought about the size, weight, and the amount of power it takes to operate a magnet that size?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, you will want to make sure you are wearing "lead underwear" when operating a device that produces that amount of "magnetic flux".

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
the machine in the video they called it a crane am guessing 50 tons on tracks like a tank am guessing it has its own generator it was in a field i didn't see any wires from landlines ..this device is here in my area looks the same probably 60 years old maybe more am guessing ..its illegal to dig in some places this device could drive down the beach into 2 feet of water and reach out another am guessing 20 feet ..I talked to my dad about it he said bad idea i asked y he told me UXB

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Where am at u can't cut down a tree without getting govern approval so people use a shovel and dig around the base to get rid of a tree that they own ...I didn't understand the fact that the magnet would set off the device it was a good idea if it was a weapon thats dropped from a plane my dad told me Naval weapons are far more dangerous , unstable and have different triggering device thats what he told me

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad told me they used a excavator to lift the last 1000 lb bomb near a school . he told me the firing device wasn't set and frozen with rust . they put ropes around it and lifted it into a truck . He drew a diagram of how a type 93 works i understand now . in simple terms a shovel could set it off .. the magnet would break one of the horns and the acid would flow and make the charge ..BANG Party over with ..ismoradamark if its uxb from some fly boy i give u a call u magnet that fish and bring em in .But if its Naval those fish u leave in the sea

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have an idea, but to fully understand what is involved is another.
Deep pockets is required as the magnets run from $2.5K-$65K
Then the generator, excavator, and controls.
I had small hand held,(heavy) cable off of lift truck forks, high voltage cable was still required.
I used it for separation of ferrous metals that were in nonferrous finds.
Most 20 ton excavators are well equipped to handle the magnets.

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
pepperj thanks for the costs info .. My first idea was near the airport theres one of these devices just rusting away ..For sure they rent it .. But after learning how this type 93 works u cant use a magnet and crane .. If this target is a type 93 am not sure what my dad will do ?? Try and defuse it after being in salt water for almost 80 years and then moving it to where ?? I guess he will just cover back in the sand ..This target i looked up weight 1500# 100kilo HE either 4 pointer or 9 pointer ..I just learned something that makes this even more dangerous the Japanese took british made sea mines from singapore and reused them ..British ammo and grenades have been found near this area all the treasure stories are singapore and java ..Am going to also research to see if the 4 Pt boats that were here did they have depth charges am sure my dad told me there depot was less then a kilometer away . This is all forgotten my dad said Expendable the real deal 1942

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mucking around with 80 year old high explosives is not good!Don,t you have EOD guys there?Probably destroy in place is the best option.One bad guess and Bang!you,re dead!

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the magnetic field densitiy is dropping rufly ba a square of distance....Forget it.
Here's the warning: leave the bombs and grenades alone or let the professionals to deal with it. I live in the area of WWI front, the weapons are over 100 yeares old and still going off. We burry a digger or construction worker once in every few yeares......Stay safe!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the magnetic field densitiy is dropping rufly ba a square of distance....Forget it.
Here's the warning: leave the bombs and grenades alone or let the professionals to deal with it. I live in the area of WWI front, the weapons are over 100 yeares old and still going off. We burry a digger or construction worker once in every few yeares......Stay safe!

What he said!!!!!!!Bang!You,re dead!

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I already QUIT my dad has already warned me when i metal detect any large objects are off limits . My dad thanked me he had no idea the japanese took a boat load of british sea mines and used them . Thanks Greenboy so even after 100 years UXB are still good he told me he had 2 WW1 german potato mashers whatever that is and they still worked at the time they were 65 years old . He also told me ammo that was black powder from the Indian wars still worked which he said was 120 years old . Green boy i don't understand u you hunt dangerous targets like here but what the gains thats a ground battle field with no gold ?? People here only want the gold and many get buried alive or drown on land in caves and holes they dug ..Any ways good luck to everybody

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already QUIT my dad has already warned me when i metal detect any large objects are off limits . My dad thanked me he had no idea the japanese took a boat load of british sea mines and used them . Thanks Greenboy so even after 100 years UXB are still good he told me he had 2 WW1 german potato mashers whatever that is and they still worked at the time they were 65 years old . He also told me ammo that was black powder from the Indian wars still worked which he said was 120 years old . Green boy i don't understand u you hunt dangerous targets like here but what the gains thats a ground battle field with no gold ?? People here only want the gold and many get buried alive or drown on land in caves and holes they dug ..Any ways good luck to everybody
Potato mashers are German hand grenades,so called from their shape.You asked about a hare brained scheme to use an electromagnet to pick up what I assume are magnetic sea mines,you got good advice in return.Leave this to the EOD guys,one mistake and you don,t get another.Bang,you,re dead!

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad says this is the 1942 war no magnetic sea mines . And your EOD guys are just a joke here ive seen them many of times i guess u never been to a third world place . I fully understand how this device works and know to avoid it . What my dad told me the top side of the beach is some what safe but in the water is another story . My dad told me in the usa he had to call the electric company before he could dig with a machine . Safety Nazis . here live bare wires are normal some in reach , 10 school kids a day killed in the roads , this china virus , i could go on and on and on . I want to thank u for your concern and if the EOD guys here remove a device i will film it so u can have a good laugh . If they had a junk yard crane magnet they be the first ones to use it . I seen what u moon walkers did on fake tube drilling in a area with 100% known UXBs 250 lbs and maybe 500 lbs just watch the lost gold series ..Good luck

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTF was that?I,ve been to third world places,yep.The people there had better sense than to try and unearth bombs or mines or whatever you,re trying to do,you never really made that clear.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTF was that?I,ve been to third world places,yep.The people there had better sense than to try and unearth bombs or mines or whatever you,re trying to do,you never really made that clear.

His dad said, tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread