tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy I couldn't believe seeing this in the costume section of jewelry prices for 6 bucks. I had to run around and find one of the employees to get it out for me. I don't know if they ever looked at it all that well and maybe they just thought it was a locket. It's an Elgin ladies size 6, 15 jewel grade 295 hunter movement made around 1905. It's a bit fast, but everything in the way it runs, winds and the bow still tight says its been well preserved for the last 118 years. The crystal and dial are as they might be when new. The case, a little worn, is a 20 year guarantee which is a gold filled type and not solid gold like I was hoping I might see when I got in my truck, but what the heck these type of cases do have a measurable amount of gold applied. I so enjoy searching thrift stores in hopes of finding something special to be revealed.

Attachments

• 20231128_120744.jpg
    20231128_120744.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • 20231128_120757.jpg
    20231128_120757.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • 20231128_120736.jpg
    20231128_120736.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • 20231128_120658.jpg
    20231128_120658.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20231128_155848_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_155848_Outlook.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 65
Boy I couldn't believe seeing this in the costume section of jewelry prices for 6 bucks. I had to run around and find one of the employees to get it out for me. I don't know if they ever looked at it all that well and maybe they just thought it was a locket. It's an Elgin ladies size 6, 15 jewel grade 295 hunter movement made around 1905. It's a bit fast, but everything in the way it runs, winds and the bow still tight says its been well preserved for the last 118 years. The crystal and dial are as they might be when new. The case, a little worn, is a 20 year guarantee which is a gold filled type and not solid gold like I was hoping I might see when I got in my truck, but what the heck these type of cases do have a measurable amount of gold applied. I so enjoy searching thrift stores in hopes of finding something special to be revealed.
Well that's a really good score!
Congrats on the good catch at the thrift store.

You have a better class of thrift stores than we have around here. Nice one!
These thrift stores are getting overwhelmed with donations around here. I tried to take this large hutch to one this last weekend and they wouldn't take it at the first place I went, because they're running out of room to stash away of the larger furniture.

Great find Tam. Can't believe they marked it only $6.

Great score for sure! I've given up on thrift stores. In Central Fla, at least in my area, they are though to score anything! It's easier to break in fort Knox, and walk out with a gold bar, than scoring a little piece of gold from them. Not even the smell of gold walks out of a ts. Speciaslly the gw. Congratulations on your pocket watch.

Great score for sure! I've given up on thrift stores. In Central Fla, at least in my area, they are though to score anything! It's easier to break in fort Knox, and walk out with a gold bar, than scoring a little piece of gold from them. Not even the smell of gold walks out of a ts. Speciaslly the gw. Congratulations on your pocket watch.
You do great on yard sales. I don't generally hit the garage sales as much as I should.

You just missed my Birthday it would make a beautiful gift for me. :tongue3: great score.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back