What's new

End of April and beginning of May finds.

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the snow is finally gone and the hunt is back on. I made it out a few times last weekend and out several times over the last few days with my son Trevor, Steve and John. This is my haul.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130503_080334.webp
    IMG_20130503_080334.webp
    83.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20130503_080532.webp
    IMG_20130503_080532.webp
    81.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20130503_080846.webp
    IMG_20130503_080846.webp
    109.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20130503_080952.webp
    IMG_20130503_080952.webp
    109.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20130503_081202.webp
    IMG_20130503_081202.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20130503_081453.webp
    IMG_20130503_081453.webp
    85.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20130503_081812.webp
    IMG_20130503_081812.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20130503_081952.webp
    IMG_20130503_081952.webp
    82 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20130503_081908.webp
    IMG_20130503_081908.webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
Man, that is a haul. Congrats.
Those bone pieces are amazing.
Still snowing here...
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
Nice going there. I really like the colors of your artifacts that you guys find. Im never disappointed when I few your finds. :icon_thumright:
 
hey the 'X' buckle is fierce you guys
nice real nice
 
hey the 'X' buckle is fierce you guys
nice real nice

I think so too - awesome markings. The elk horn scraper (?) is pretty cool also the broken bear mandible was used for something (maybe a handle) as it's extremely worn. Take a close look at the front tooth.
I think this is going to be a great hunting season.
 
Last edited:
killer, killer!! what is with that jaw bone? Is that a canine poking out in front that is drilled? WTH?? Love all the stuff, but the bone items are tops!
 
Really nice haul! I really like the game piece. How did Trevor do?
 
killer, killer!! what is with that jaw bone? Is that a canine poking out in front that is drilled? WTH?? Love all the stuff, but the bone items are tops!


it is a lower mandible from a small bear
the front tooth is drilled
 
killer, killer!! what is with that jaw bone? Is that a canine poking out in front that is drilled? WTH?? Love all the stuff, but the bone items are tops!

Thanks. I'm not sure what the bear jaw was used for but with allow the wear on it it it was looks like it was used. Maybe a knife handle or something ceremonial. The canine is worn completely smooth and it also has what looks to be a hole drilled in the vented of it. All I know for sure is that it's old and well used. I really think the bone pieces a over the top too.
 
The material you guy's get to pick up is STUNNIN!!!! I luv all the bone you guy's have too! Do you know what the bone piece with the X was used for exactly? That alone would make the hunt. Glad your snow's gone. CONGRATS... HH
 
The material you guy's get to pick up is STUNNIN!!!! I luv all the bone you guy's have too! Do you know what the bone piece with the X was used for exactly? That alone would make the hunt. Glad your snow's gone. CONGRATS... HH


twitko is posting a nice 'game piece' with the X and extra lines engraved
they are few and far between
that one is a good one
 
You found some really nice artifacts, but I believe that game piece is truely ''Banner'' worthy!
I highly suggest that the game piece be nominated as ''Banner"
 
The material you guy's get to pick up is STUNNIN!!!! I luv all the bone you guy's have too! Do you know what the bone piece with the X was used for exactly? That alone would make the hunt. Glad your snow's gone. CONGRATS... HH
Thank you. I'm really not sure what game it was used to play, or if it was actually used as a gaming piece. It might have served some other purpose. "Game piece" is we've always revered to them as.
 
You found some really nice artifacts, but I believe that game piece is truely ''Banner'' worthy!
I highly suggest that the game piece be nominated as ''Banner"

Thanks Dennis, it surely was a heart thumpin' find.
 
Very nice haul, and great recoveries my friend. That square engraved piece is awesome!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom