What's new

entire native american bowl!

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was introduced to a swell fellow by the name of JR a few nights ago. I had gone over to my cousin's house to, to pick up some fly fishing gear, anyways while i was there i showed him my display of artifacts Gatorboy had sent me. He told me of JR at his job, and said JR collected indian rocks and had a ton of them. So we scooted over to Edwards Crane co.(my cousin owns the business with his father) and met JR. JR is one of these people like myself, who's world revolves around the ancient. Loves everything about them 'ol Indians. He goes to his tool box and pulls out pictures from 30 years ago of artifacts he had found, decorated there tool room with artifacts as well. He even had a sticker on his tool box that said "F no till fields". Super nice guy, high strung, but we talked like we had known each other our entire lives. JR is 72 years old and still kicking it. He asked me 100 times to bring some of my stuff next time i came by, and really enjoyed seeing the artifacts that Florida has to offer.
Well this morning my cousin Nathan sends me a picture and says "from JR, an entire bowl he found, his cat broke it and he wants you to have it" (i had shown him some of my art work as well, the sculpture and paintings) "JR said he knows you will enjoy putting it back together"
So needless to say i am super excited! Just goes to show you there are some awesome people out there! Looks like i may have a center piece coming up real soon! Ill post pics when it is complete.



ForumRunner_20121109_084717.webp
 
Upvote 0
birdpointgriswold said:
He has been hunting for 50 years and has over 15,000 artifacts and over 400 places he looks soooo yeah haha

15,000 400 hunting grounds!!!! He must know people every where!! Does he only hunt NC? I'm guessing not, but?? Who knows?? You have met your source of knowledge!! I'm happy for you bro! You have made tremendous headway on your own. Your knowledge plus JR's combined, sounds like a bright future for you. Another thing, not trying to tell you what to do, but please take his word over any Internet advice. You have looked him in his eye as he handed you a whole pot. That is a true friend, someone that obviously wants to see you succeed. I hope you are able to get it back together, and never have the need to make a cat skin hat. Congrats on an opportunity of a life time!
 
Read that again NC.
 
NC field hunter said:
15,000 400 hunting grounds!!!! He must know people every where!! Does he only hunt NC? I'm guessing not, but?? Who knows?? You have met your source of knowledge!! I'm happy for you bro! You have made tremendous headway on your own. Your knowledge plus JR's combined, sounds like a bright future for you. Another thing, not trying to tell you what to do, but please take his word over any Internet advice. You have looked him in his eye as he handed you a whole pot. That is a true friend, someone that obviously wants to see you succeed. I hope you are able to get it back together, and never have the need to make a cat skin hat. Congrats on an opportunity of a life time!

15,000 artifacts. 400 fields
 
Hows the pot puzzle coming along? - I'm looking forward to seeing it back together.
 
Yeah...me too
 
GatorBoy said:
Read that again NC.

I reread. Thanks for wasting my time. Lol! I was listing his stats. 15,000 artifacts 400 grounds. What, do you think that is the way I write the number 15,400? Or, did I misinterpret something else? Either way, no big deal for me. Congrats Jonathon congrats!!!
 
GaRebel1861 said:
Hows the pot puzzle coming along? - I'm looking forward to seeing it back together.

I haven't started yet been busy this weekend
 
Hurry up we are waiting! Haha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom