What's new

entire native american bowl!

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was introduced to a swell fellow by the name of JR a few nights ago. I had gone over to my cousin's house to, to pick up some fly fishing gear, anyways while i was there i showed him my display of artifacts Gatorboy had sent me. He told me of JR at his job, and said JR collected indian rocks and had a ton of them. So we scooted over to Edwards Crane co.(my cousin owns the business with his father) and met JR. JR is one of these people like myself, who's world revolves around the ancient. Loves everything about them 'ol Indians. He goes to his tool box and pulls out pictures from 30 years ago of artifacts he had found, decorated there tool room with artifacts as well. He even had a sticker on his tool box that said "F no till fields". Super nice guy, high strung, but we talked like we had known each other our entire lives. JR is 72 years old and still kicking it. He asked me 100 times to bring some of my stuff next time i came by, and really enjoyed seeing the artifacts that Florida has to offer.
Well this morning my cousin Nathan sends me a picture and says "from JR, an entire bowl he found, his cat broke it and he wants you to have it" (i had shown him some of my art work as well, the sculpture and paintings) "JR said he knows you will enjoy putting it back together"
So needless to say i am super excited! Just goes to show you there are some awesome people out there! Looks like i may have a center piece coming up real soon! Ill post pics when it is complete.



ForumRunner_20121109_084717.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is awesome! Not the fact his cat broke it but... that's good people. It is from NC. right? Well.. you got me beat..LOL. I have three partials now. Can't wait to see it. Nice designs too.
 
GatorBoy said:
That is awesome! Not the fact his cat broke it but... that's good people. It is from NC. right? Well.. you got me beat..LOL. I have three partials now. Can't wait to see it. Nice designs too.

Yep NC me too man gonna be awesome!
 
Great friendship story! And that bowl is awesome! You have to post pics for us after reconstruction!!! :icon_thumright:
 
FriscoT06 said:
Great friendship story! And that bowl is awesome! You have to post pics for us after reconstruction!!! :icon_thumright:

I will for sure!
 
so, get busy! I'm impatient
 
That was very nice of him to give you that pot in a box. You've got your work cut out to piece it back together. I'll be looking forward to it seeing posted after it is back together. Looks like it going to be a good one. Take your time and good luck.
 
Thanks guys! Ill be working on it all weekend!
 
Not trying to sound like a heel or your teacher or something but I wouldn't store relics in cardboard boxes because they leak acid.Nice bowl and awesome find!!!
 
Last edited:
YoungBlood said:
Not trying to sound like a heel or your teacher or something but I wouldn't store relics in cardboard boxes because they leak acid.Nice bowl and awesome find!!!

Yeah im not storing it thats just what he put it in to give to me
 
YoungBlood said:
Not trying to sound like a heel or your teacher or something but I wouldn't store relics in cardboard boxes because they leak acid.Nice bowl and awesome find!!!

That is a good tip for anyone. Metal objects are affected badly by cardboard as well.
 
Can't wait to see it when it's back together!

Anita
 
Take some pics of the body section - that top reminds me more of a Caddo piece than anything.
 
That is the coolest. Do you know how long ago he had to kill that cat? In other words, how long has it been broken? Oh man, I hope all of the pieces are in the box. Sounds like you found a great friend, another thing, I bet he knows more about the artifacts in your town or county than any book. I'm glad that you found him, you will probably be handed a few more sites to hunt. " Goodness grows in NC" look at the people!! Lol
 
NC field hunter said:
That is the coolest. Do you know how long ago he had to kill that cat? In other words, how long has it been broken? Oh man, I hope all of the pieces are in the box. Sounds like you found a great friend, another thing, I bet he knows more about the artifacts in your town or county than any book. I'm glad that you found him, you will probably be handed a few more sites to hunt. " Goodness grows in NC" look at the people!! Lol

He has been hunting for 50 years and has over 15,000 artifacts and over 400 places he looks soooo yeah haha
 
Seeing he is so old maybe he will give up some of his spots to you.
 
rock said:
Seeing he is so old maybe he will give up some of his spots to you.

Oh yeah! He is in really good health, already asked me to go with him. Super cool guy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom