What's new

Ever dig a pull tab like this one? Post your best pull tab!!

Since we haven't heard from GatorBoy, I'll chime. looks to be a small denomination silver Cob, or maybe part of a larger one, from the Mexico mint, first established in 1535, and producing these crude 'Caba de Barras' up to the 1770s.
A bar of silver was simply cut into slices of the approximate weight, these sliver planchets were then hammer struck between crude dies, and clipped down to exact weight.
IMO, one of the finest finds.
Read more here:Spanish Colonial Cobs: Introduction
That is AMAZING!!!!!!
 
That is AMAZING!!!!!!
And I can definitely say that it did not sound like a pulltab, then again maybe it's a fake.
A genuine one will sound like the thick lump of silver that it is :laughing7:
NC FINDS 3-22 001.webp
 
Last edited:
I always find bullets, shell casings, and axe heads at schools. Only one nail ever at a school. But I agree its best to clean these up! I like 462's tab

Hang on to a handful of the sharp objects including the broken glass to keep in your trash pocket. I have run into a couple city park rangers that showed an iffy attitude. When I showed them the handful of harmful objects their attitudes did a complete 180. One even gave me his card in case I "ran into any trouble" Sometimes that trash can be a tool!
 
This thread makes me sad. Death to the pulltab! None are unique and none are interesting. BAH HUMBUG!!

haha

Brad
 
This thread makes me sad. Death to the pulltab! None are unique and none are interesting. BAH HUMBUG!!

haha

Brad

It actually makes me feel like going out and digging pulltabs! :tongue3:
 
Like the one I posted
 

Attachments

  • NC FINDS 01-29007.webp
    NC FINDS 01-29007.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 35
OT, but this precursor to twist off bottle caps is interesting.
I dubbed it the thumb flipper.
IMG_20231219_202030_191~2.webp
IMG_20231219_202221_403~2.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom