Ever see anything that looks like this?

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20110128_153045.jpg A friend and I located this in the woods on his property about 3 or 4 years ago. We do not know what it is or was. I can tell you it is old and looks to be man made. Notice the color of the rocks the one on top matches the area around it, while the rocks below it are not weathered as much. The "Table" top rock is not stable to walk on "I tried." Also there are 4 to 5 small rocks "like the two seen in the gap supporting the flat rock above like table legs. The void in between is large enough for saddle bags or something about that size. the arrow rock helps support the top rock as well. As far as location all I will say is it is in Northwest Arkansas. Above this area is a small bluff. I found nothing on this bluff. There is easy passage around the bluff a short distance either direction from the arrow, so I doubt it is a marker for a path. Water is everywhere in the area so I count this out as well. I think it is an old outlaw cache site, but I don't know that for sure. Also where did the rock go that was removed from in front? All the rock scattered in the area seems to be weathered like the others seen in the picture. I found another arrow rock laying flat on the ground about a 1/4 mile or less form this site. It points in the general direction toward this location, but the style is totally different than the arrow in the picture. I did not have a way to get a picture of it the day I found it, and a dozer was in that area about a month ago. I hope it is still there but with all the ticks and chiggers its not real high on my list. Well if you would please look this over and let me know what you think. Thank you all!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks a lot like an entrance to an old mine. Seems I remember hearing about an attempt at gold mining done in Arkansas, but have also recently heard something about some sort of treasure that was supposed to have been buried, and I "think" it was NW Arkansas where this was supposed to have happened.

What has me thinking is, it stands out too much. Anyone who might happen upon it is going to be interested. ...Is that a path that goes past it? Almost looks like there's a clearing running from left to right; just in front of the person in the pic. If this is the case, I'd say the rocks were placed there in order to make the path easier to traverse. As for hiding something, it seems to stand out too much for that. I dunno.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Because of all the water in the area. I think that this was a spring when the water table was higher. Drainage is downhill. The rocks are limestone, more than 60 million years old. There may even be a cave under there. The rocks have been eroded over time and maybe even used to block the entrance. I doubt outlaws, but detect it, search and satisfy yourself. We have the same structures 5 miles from where I sit. I've seen this before, all through central Texas...

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it's a trap. The serpent or snake. But if the top stone was removed it may be hiding a cave. Or it place there as a distraction. As far as the stone that looks like the area, that is common. It's the map for the area.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Looks more like a corner marker to me ( natural ) and the way to find if it is Go one of the four degrees ( exact Please ) and if you find another mark at ( using 33 inch steps ) Post your findings here. That's just to verify that it is a real trail. More after the reply. Thanks.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It seems a good place for snakes, be cautious!!
An attempt to mine? maybe, arrow stone can be spaniard
look for dump stones (pile) to see what extracted

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dsty, what do you think of the stones in the back ground?

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a hunch, but I would be looking up the hill from this monument, (pointer underneath), and under rocks for an entrance. Just a guess, but that's what I have read from it.

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a hunch, but I would be looking up the hill from this monument, (pointer underneath), and under rocks for an entrance. Just a guess, but that's what I have read from it. I believe you are close.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey OP - have you taken any close up pics of the rocks and examined them on the computer for signs and symbols?
Can you feel any cool air coming out around the opening?
Is that a heart shaped rock on the right side pinched under that tree root?

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my second attempt to reply on this thread today. I must still be doing something wrong. I've attempted to answer all of your replies and thank you for your input. I went out looking for the site yesterday and did not find it. I was close. I found out a few things in the process. 1 the site is not as easy to find as one might think. 2 The trees block out my gps. 3 My backup compass sucks! 4 The ticks are still out there. no bites but I hate them walking on me. Once I understand what buttons to push and what not to I'll reply to each of you. Thanks for all the input. mm

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update

I went out to check on a few things. Once again I did not make it to the sight before the tick's forced me to leave. The second arrow is still there! It missed being dozed by inches 100_3681.JPG as you can see in the photo. Those pieces of wood were not there before. 100_3683.JPG 100_3682.JPG
Also found some other clues? 100_3685.JPG Don't know what this might be? 100_3686.JPG
100_3687.JPG Some kind of pointer? HOYO? 100_3691.JPG
Heart? No I did not move or even touch it! 100_3692.JPG
Snake Head? This took some major work to get this picture! 100_3693.JPG Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks a lot like an entrance to an old mine. Seems I remember hearing about an attempt at gold mining done in Arkansas, but have also recently heard something about some sort of treasure that was supposed to have been buried, and I "think" it was NW Arkansas where this was supposed to have happened.

What has me thinking is, it stands out too much. Anyone who might happen upon it is going to be interested. ...Is that a path that goes past it? Almost looks like there's a clearing running from left to right; just in front of the person in the pic. If this is the case, I'd say the rocks were placed there in order to make the path easier to traverse. As for hiding something, it seems to stand out too much for that. I dunno.

Sorry to take so long getting back to you! But "You" are right! It stands out "if" you are in front of it. There is no path that I'm aware of. Yes this area if full of old stories of hidden and lost treasure. I'm starting to miss those old folks that knew some of those stories. I'm not sure the younger generation will know or be able pass on the legends of the old days. I wish I had recorded them. Take a look at the other pictures that I took a week ago. There are too many indicators in the area to amount to nothing! Thanks for your input! mm

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reply miboje

Hey OP - have you taken any close up pics of the rocks and examined them on the computer for signs and symbols?
Can you feel any cool air coming out around the opening?
Is that a heart shaped rock on the right side pinched under that tree root?

Have not been to the site to take more pictures or check for cool air. I did look under the top rock before and did not see a passage, but I'm not writing that off either. Can't answer you about the Heart rock, but I did find a smaller one [pictured] not far from the site.

100_3692.JPG

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reply Backwoodsbob

Yes, it's a trap. The serpent or snake. But if the top stone was removed it may be hiding a cave. Or it place there as a distraction. As far as the stone that looks like the area, that is common. It's the map for the area.

I at first did not know how to reply to your post. Given the only information was my description and the photograph, I was wondering how you came up with your information? I have posted some new pictures I took a few days ago. One of which you may find interesting though it is hard to make out. I did not know of these "things/objects" until the other day. I am reading other threads and posts trying to learn what I can and to proceed cautiously. It seems to me there is a abundance of clues in the area of the site. The last thing I want is to get hurt or worse. Thanks mm

100_3693.JPG

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last thing I want is to get hurt or worse. Thanks mm View attachment 1334273
Yes, and for that reason you will want to study up on death traps. There are some threads here in this sub-forum, and also there is a book on death traps and their signs/symbols by Charles Kenworthy.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reply miboje

Yes, and for that reason you will want to study up on death traps. There are some threads here in this sub-forum, and also there is a book on death traps and their signs/symbols by Charles Kenworthy.

Thank you. I will look for them. mm

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything in your picture is a clue. You may not think so but it's true.take a close look at the heart. Photo it at close as possible. Flip it take another picture. Leave it like you found it. It's a white stone and that is good from what I've learned. There is a scene on it that you need to see. I can see it already. Study and read the Bible verses that are on it. Believe me they are there. Look around the big stone too. Clean the brush in front of it only.first take a picture because the brush is part of the story . I will show you in a PM.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reply Backwoodsbob

Everything in your picture is a clue. You may not think so but it's true.take a close look at the heart. Photo it at close as possible. Flip it take another picture. Leave it like you found it. It's a white stone and that is good from what I've learned. There is a scene on it that you need to see. I can see it already. Study and read the Bible verses that are on it. Believe me they are there. Look around the big stone too. Clean the brush in front of it only.first take a picture because the brush is part of the story . I will show you in a PM.

Got your message! Thank you sir! Swap your letters if you know what I mean. I'll try to get back out there and get some more information.
I'll have to learn more on PMing etc. I have many questions and am certain there are more clues and details out there. I find it amazing as blind as I am I'm finding this stuff. Thanks for your post! mm

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a vertical compass set up by a "group" that knows about the site, whichever one it may be. I've seen a few of them similar. It says which specific compass directions to go from the boulder/hoyo location. vertical compass.jpg notice the Y shape of each limb and it tells which end is the compass bearing. Most of the time they are just upside down trees they wedged in the ground and lean up on certain boulders or monuments that stand out and get your attention.
Your other pictures are good too. The white heart is very close to something, could be just a very important nearby marker (like a few feet away) or it could be directly over a spot they are trying mark or possibly get you dig, but odds are you are supposed to measure from it. The wedges are good to follow as well as the pointer tree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread