OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm1,
Yes, Thank you! I have read and reread some of his posts over and over. I'm not happy about seeing Ducks but that is better than not seeing anything at all! Thanks. mm

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm1,
Yes, Thank you! I have read and reread some of his posts over and over. I'm not happy about seeing Ducks but that is better than not seeing anything at all! Thanks. mm
MM - Would you mind pointing me to Stilldign's comments on ducks, please?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

poorfarm1

Greenie
Dec 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i recall right digin post on the duck was the trail ducked out like when a duck dives under water it comes up in a different spot BUT I DONT RECALL HIM SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT HOW A DUCK SITS ON THE NEST TILL ITS HATCHED COULD BE BOTH EYES CLOSED OR IF IT DID DUCK OUT LOOK FOR EYE OR HEAD SHOWING DIRECTION

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nesting Duck?

if i recall right digin post on the duck was the trail ducked out like when a duck dives under water it comes up in a different spot BUT I DONT RECALL HIM SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT HOW A DUCK SITS ON THE NEST TILL ITS HATCHED COULD BE BOTH EYES CLOSED OR IF IT DID DUCK OUT LOOK FOR EYE OR HEAD SHOWING DIRECTION

Everything I have read about Ducks is consistent with "ducking" out on you, to be careful the true treasure trail ducks out on you.
But after seeing the Duck holding a sword to a mans throat (unless it is something else) makes me wonder what all the "Duck" description covers?
My distaste for Ducks on the trail is based on that picture and the potential of running out a trail that goes nowhere. However on a positive note if I'm reading things right, all is not lost if you/I can find the true Alpha on a trail that has ducks on it.
As far as a nesting Duck, I have not read anything on that subject. But if this is somehow related to the last picture I posted, I thought everyone might enjoy a change so I posted a picture of what in my opinion is a sleeping turtle. I'm sorry for any confusion. As always Thanks. mm

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miboje,
Sorry to take so long to get back to you. To answer your question with out advertising for another forum. I did a web search for "digin duck" and got "Dign4it The "Duck" Symbol on Maps: How to Deal With It" Says basically the same as said here and says that 39 is the number of the Duck. Hope this helps. mm

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm1,

Trust me minuteman2, if your finding ducks you should be very happy, if your looking 4 cache's.

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Ducking out is a possible meaning. Remember that there are multiple meanings. Consider the attributes of the animal in question. What does a duck do when you jump it off the pond? Fly a short ways and circle back. You may have a change of direction coming. you also may have a short distance to travel before the next sign. in most cases, for me, birds signify short distance. And yes size matters.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a difference between a duck and a goose? Where I live I see a lot of water animals. Like a beaver ,gator and of course the duck and goose. Just wondering if they were referring to water.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM2- I have read also that a duck means the trail ducks out on you. I have a black duck carved inside a black dog on my site #2. I was feeling the same as you - as in "oh crap".
You said that as long as the duck can be found on the Alpha, all is not lost. Can you elaborate on that, please?

Everything I have read about Ducks is consistent with "ducking" out on you, to be careful the true treasure trail ducks out on you.
But after seeing the Duck holding a sword to a mans throat (unless it is something else) makes me wonder what all the "Duck" description covers?
My distaste for Ducks on the trail is based on that picture and the potential of running out a trail that goes nowhere. However on a positive note if I'm reading things right, all is not lost if you/I can find the true Alpha on a trail that has ducks on it.
As far as a nesting Duck, I have not read anything on that subject. But if this is somehow related to the last picture I posted, I thought everyone might enjoy a change so I posted a picture of what in my opinion is a sleeping turtle. I'm sorry for any confusion. As always Thanks. mm

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM2- I have read also that a duck means the trail ducks out on you. I have a black duck carved inside a black dog on my site #2. I was feeling the same as you - as in "oh crap".
You said that as long as the duck can be found on the Alpha, all is not lost. Can you elaborate on that, please?

Miboje, If you find a Duck you need to find the True Alpha not the False Alpha is what I understand from what I read. I do not know anything about the Duck being on the Alpha? As far as I have seen and have read the Ducks have been (or will be) on/along the trail or can be intricate parts of the signs and clues. The Duck from what I have had read (in posts and other places) means circle/go back to the Alpha (the True Alpha) That most likely you have 2 treasure sites one at the Alpha and one where the clues lead at the end of the trail. As far as a False Alpha and a True Alpha if I were standing between them I could not say at this moment which was which you are on your own there. Hope this helps, mm

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had not read anything about a false Alpha, so that is new to me. Great, another thing to sort out. Sigh. Thanks for the info.
Miboje, If you find a Duck you need to find the True Alpha not the False Alpha is what I understand from what I read. I do not know anything about the Duck being on the Alpha? As far as I have seen and have read the Ducks have been (or will be) on/along the trail or can be intricate parts of the signs and clues. The Duck from what I have had read (in posts and other places) means circle/go back to the Alpha (the True Alpha) That most likely you have 2 treasure sites one at the Alpha and one where the clues lead at the end of the trail. As far as a False Alpha and a True Alpha if I were standing between them I could not say at this moment which was which you are on your own there. Hope this helps, mm

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ducks vs Geese

Is there a difference between a duck and a goose? Where I live I see a lot of water animals. Like a beaver ,gator and of course the duck and goose. Just wondering if they were referring to water.

Hi Backwoodsbob, My guess would be in most cases its a generalization not a specific, examples would be like Horses, not a certain breed of horse, or Dog, or Elephant. But you also have to consider "they" may be trying to convey the animals habits, abilities, and/or behavior that fits their circumstance. mm

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that case, I see dogs a lot. Sometimes it a pit bull and then there is a poodle. Now is that a reference to man's best friend or the the severity of a trap? Like the serpent we see. Knowing that most of these sites have a Biblical reference. What are we dealing with. There is too many variations that could be bad for us if we don't understand the meaning.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Could it mean that there is plenty of water on this trail. There is things on trail markers that Thoms site has a horse head with the ears laid back and I assume that it indicated a fast trail. Kims site had a person with a pack on its back indicate a walking trail for supplies, they are everywhere. They will tell you everything necessary, distance, direction what to look for. Length of the trail. They did have yards where they would find suitable boulders, make the item, haul them in a cart to the destination. Item was several 30 inch ( guess on my part ) Church Bells, They had it figured out. Sleeping turtle may indicate good place for a nap, or better yet place to lay eggs,

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ya'll,
Since I don't get home too often to use the confuser, this post may never be read. I have been hunting treasure of one type or another for 4 decades now, (since turning 20), and the last 2 decades at it full time. I have seen many of the "confusing signs" that were left by the Jesuits, Spaniards, and the Mexicans. After years of hunting to no avail, I tried one simple thing....I quit overthinking every monument, blaze, marker, and carving that I came across. I was perplexed why those who placed the treasures there would make it so damn difficult that they would need a string theorist to help them with the map. It was then that things started coming together...I had been making them way too difficult! Most of these folks were planning on coming back themselves, and threw together their own "signage", to mark thier caches and yards.
I guess what I am saying is.....
Go back to the beginning, assume nothing, and listen to your common sense...It worked wonders for me.

PS. Before folks start yelling at me telling me about the Kings Code, YES, there was a kings code, just not everyone followed it. Even if they were supposed to.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Location? Could have been a hasty grave, or grave where one could not dug due to the rocks. All the rocks are doing is keeping the coyotes and other scavengers from strewing the bones over the hillside. IMO

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
minute, It sure looks to be a drill hole to me, one direction = follow the head to the left, should find other markers at 200 feet and 400 feet waist high / long ( flat ) at 1. 1/4 mile, same with the drill hole follow the open part of the drill hole straight out. May be other markers indicating the other directions When you want to verify that it is Spanish the actual distance and direction will verify it measure feet between marks and divide by 33 inches = pace or use one of the four degree's E /W/ N/S. Be careful of crawling critters of all kind use white vinegar for a bite and Ivy stuff, small spray bottle works great, vinegar neutralizes protein of all kinds. Talk to your drug store person

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread