SweetCorn
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 2, 2016
- Messages
- 76
- Reaction score
- 183
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- East Bay, CA
- Detector(s) used
- Excal 2, Equinox 600
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I ordered a set of the lithium batteries with the charger and an extra battery pod (factory pod from Minelab). The pod states on the side that it's not for diving, is for wading only, waterproof to only 10 ft (I can sorta deal with this) and to not use re-chargeable batteries in it (this however, really sucks). This pretty much ruins my plan for a backup battery system.
I want to use the lithium batteries for trips when I can't get my machine charged quite so quickly. How are others swapping out batteries?? The thought of using like 8 alkaline batteries in any situation but an absolute power emergency doesn't appeal to me.
Also, my machine is under warranty for 3 or 4 more months, so if I use this pod and it voids my warranty, I don't think I want that route (right now at least). Thoughts?
I want to use the lithium batteries for trips when I can't get my machine charged quite so quickly. How are others swapping out batteries?? The thought of using like 8 alkaline batteries in any situation but an absolute power emergency doesn't appeal to me.
Also, my machine is under warranty for 3 or 4 more months, so if I use this pod and it voids my warranty, I don't think I want that route (right now at least). Thoughts?
They might be worried it wouldn't hold pressure should an aftermarket battery cause some sort of gas buildup or expansion? I've been using the RNB batteries with great success......but only in the rechargeable pod in the Excalibur. I haven't tried it yet in the alkaline pod.






