Excalibur II / Maintenance

Captin Scrap

May 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
CTX, & ExCal
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Ladies and gents. Just wondering for all you Excall II users out there, how to maintain the Excall II after taking it in the water. I read you need to take the cover off and clean the coil every so often, but is there any other maintenance you do to your excal to keep it humming ?

Also, how long do you charge the battery for? There is no indicator telling you the battery is fully charged ext.. I do not want to over charge it and have the thing go bonkers on me.

Thank you in advance.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After using in salt water I would at least rinse with fresh water thoroughly.

OP
OP
Captin Scrap

Captin Scrap

May 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
CTX, & ExCal
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you dieselram

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spray it off with the hose after every use, and then a couple times a year i take the coil cover off and clean the coil. I have 2 excals and they both have been working great for years. I charge mine over night, right before I use it. I don't think it is possible to "over charge it" though I wouldn't suggest leaving it plugged in for days at a time. Hope this helps!!
Good luck out there!

OP
OP
Captin Scrap

Captin Scrap

May 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
CTX, & ExCal
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you much, I will take this advise. .. Best Wishes.

Myles

Im2stoked

Jan 23, 2013
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Excal II
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had to send my excal back after only a month, it just started going nuts on me. So now I clean it very well after every time I use it. Theres usually a shower where I hunt at the beach and I'll get all the sand off there, then when I get home I rinse it out really well and take the coil cover off every time, takes 30 seconds, better than getting a piece of metal in there or something to throw it off. I also put some silicone grease on the battery connector part about once a month. Ive noticed that water gets trapped in there and when I take off the battery (I take the battery off and charge it in my bathroom (only place my 2 year old cant get into and play with it) water comes out. So be careful of that. I hunt for about 3-5hrs a day so I charge it over night after 2-3 days of use (so I detect for about 10 hrs then charge for 12) Ive only run out of battery once, so I kinda found a system that works for me.

Happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread