What's new

Excellent hunt tonight

Bobbypins

Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
503
Reaction score
134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a night. Sometimes things go well, and this was the day. While it wasn't without extreme effort, the hard work paid off.

The digging was HORRIBLE. Tightly packed rocks and shells made me think twice about what I was attempting, but I hung in there for 3 solid hours.

Here's the booty:

7,526 yen $100
1 dime
1 foreign coin (chinese?)
silver cross
2 silver rings
old stone pendant
junk whistle
5 gram gold ring stamped 750 (18K)

The gold ring is a 2 part ring combo, and I looked like Hell for that other piece too. Maybe I'll find it one of these days.

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a few thousand for ya :icon_pirat:

As always... thanks for stopping by. It's always nice to read your comments

004-10.jpg

005-6.jpg

007-5.jpg

011-1.jpg

008-3.jpg
 
Upvote 0
wow that is an awesome hunt for sure!! congrats on the great coin count and gold!
 
That ring is very puzzling
 
I like that ring.. Congrats !!! Maybe the Mrs. is wearing the other 1/2 of it. :dontknow:
 
No what you mean on the difficult digging, will where you out. Congrats on hanging in there for your efforts will be rewarded, and they were! Good hunt! :thumbsup:
 
Great hunting, BP! :hello2:

I like that gold ring, and the silver rings ; the cross is beautiful...I love the styling of it.

Keep up the good work :headbang:

Lorraine
 
That's a cool ring.And gold is nice anytime.
 
Thanks! The night paid off pretty well... I think that was the best yen night ever. If I didn't have to work today, I would have stayed longer. My hope is to find the other half of that ring since those puzzle rings won't come apart until they're taken off..... normally anyway.

These tides are working so well this week and my wife comes back to Okinawa on Monday, so I need to get all my playtime in while I can. She's gonna have me on lockdown for a few days... but in a good way :o
 
yes yes and yes...great hunt bobbypins - quality gold too!
 
You are really doing great! Wish I had been into metal detecting when I was stationed at Yokota, in Japan 1984-88.
 
I'm glad that I jumped into beach detecting when I got on island. I've never hunted the beach before, as I'm a dirt fisher mostly. But it's been pretty good for me here.

I'm coming up on my one year anniversary of detecting here in Okinawa. I'm going to post a 1 year summary when I reach it. Just a couple more weeks... you'll be amazed I think.
 
Nice gold puzzle ring BP....hope you can find the other half.
The amount of coinage you have been finding should help
defer the rent somewhat too. Looking forward to your one
year detecting spread....I can only imagine!! HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
i would say you did good was this in the honey hole?
 
Wow!! I wish I could find that much cash in one hunt!! One hunt = 3 months for me! gold and silver to boot! Strong Work! :notworthy:


Snt
 
Don't give me kudos... I have to give all the credit to the Japanese Yen. They have a 500 yen coin that's worth $6.66 every time I find one. And I happen to found 10 of those coins on that hunt too.
 
Nice catch, 18Kt ring made in Denmark. They are known for making mod designer items.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom