Stopped by the Local B of A to get some cash and coin. I actually thought about going to the cash machine (as I was starting to feel a little weary of CRH), but decided to go in anyway. The Merchant Teller waved me over, saying she had a lot of halves. She brought up 13 rolls – they were $10 rolls that were overfilled. I thought, “Great- Someone’s Dumps”, but decided to take them anyway to keep the relations good with this great teller.
She handed them to me, noticed the rolls were overfilled, and said we better count them. I picked one up, noticed a silver on the end (the rolls would not close up), and thought “Wait, this may be the proverbial ‘Some old person brought their change can in’ situation.”. When I opened the roll up, I noticed $15 in coin, most of which was silver. The teller goes to talk to one of the managers to explain that they shorted “Bea”, because they only gave her $10 per roll. The manager says, “No problem, she comes in all the time…is’nt she sweet? We’ll just credit her account.”. The Manager then says that I will probably find some oldies in my rolls, because she pulled several old ones from the loose coins that came with the rolls. She then produced about 10 Bens and Walkers for my viewing. I knew I had a score at that point. The manager then said the lady also brought in a lot of dime and quarter rolls, and the Merchant Teller even let me look through a few! There were no silvers in those rolls…I probably should have bought them to check them all, but I just wanted to get out with the halves.
So, in the end, out of $195 (390 halves), I ended up with:
10 SOLID rolls (I guess I opened one of the non-solids at the bank).
154 90% (I have found a total of 149 in the last 15 months of CRH, so this doubled my pile)
190 40%
1 1964 Canadian – the little guy wanted this, so he got it.
The roughly $22 worth of clad went into the little guy’s piggy bank.
What a great experience! I have been reading all of the dream box/roll posts with envy, and even though I had a close encounter last summer, I still wanted to hit the mother lode. Well, now I hit it! I will probably retire from CRH at some point in the future, and when I do, I will do so with the knowledge that I had my 15 minutes in the sun!
Maybe LJ's plan of getting back into CRH scared the silver out of people's hoards, and back into circulation...
Happy hunting!
She handed them to me, noticed the rolls were overfilled, and said we better count them. I picked one up, noticed a silver on the end (the rolls would not close up), and thought “Wait, this may be the proverbial ‘Some old person brought their change can in’ situation.”. When I opened the roll up, I noticed $15 in coin, most of which was silver. The teller goes to talk to one of the managers to explain that they shorted “Bea”, because they only gave her $10 per roll. The manager says, “No problem, she comes in all the time…is’nt she sweet? We’ll just credit her account.”. The Manager then says that I will probably find some oldies in my rolls, because she pulled several old ones from the loose coins that came with the rolls. She then produced about 10 Bens and Walkers for my viewing. I knew I had a score at that point. The manager then said the lady also brought in a lot of dime and quarter rolls, and the Merchant Teller even let me look through a few! There were no silvers in those rolls…I probably should have bought them to check them all, but I just wanted to get out with the halves.
So, in the end, out of $195 (390 halves), I ended up with:
10 SOLID rolls (I guess I opened one of the non-solids at the bank).
154 90% (I have found a total of 149 in the last 15 months of CRH, so this doubled my pile)
190 40%
1 1964 Canadian – the little guy wanted this, so he got it.
The roughly $22 worth of clad went into the little guy’s piggy bank.
What a great experience! I have been reading all of the dream box/roll posts with envy, and even though I had a close encounter last summer, I still wanted to hit the mother lode. Well, now I hit it! I will probably retire from CRH at some point in the future, and when I do, I will do so with the knowledge that I had my 15 minutes in the sun!
Maybe LJ's plan of getting back into CRH scared the silver out of people's hoards, and back into circulation...
Happy hunting!
Upvote
0



and 6 bicentenial quarters. Oh well, one silver dime is usually what I pull when I get a dime box.







