What's new

Falcon catches a little bird.

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this Falcon today in the grass and it just caught a small bird and then flew up in a long needle pine and started picking it to pieces. I was glad I had my camera for this encounter. It brought Matthew 10:29,31 to my mind.
 

Attachments

  • falcon 1.webp
    falcon 1.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 123
  • falcon 2.webp
    falcon 2.webp
    3.3 MB · Views: 124
He's very healthy looking.
We all need that reminder from time to time, don't we?
 
Great pictures. It pays to have a camera along all the time, and I forget that most of the time.
 
Love the Raptors!
 
Got a Peregrine in my area , kills all nesting doves.

Have you ever watched them chase away the bigger hawks?

They have some attitude for a smaller predator.
 
That second pic is a really good shot Grant.:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris
 
That second pic is a really good shot Grant.:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris
That was the only one out of three I took where it was in a good poised position of some kind. It either had it's head turned and I couldn't see his eyes or something not really neat-looking about them. Couple other shots on the ground weren't too bad.
 
Last edited:
Got a Peregrine in my area , kills all nesting doves.

Have you ever watched them chase away the bigger hawks?

They have some attitude for a smaller predator.
I saw two one time giving chase to a great horned owl. They were actually pulling feathers out of that owl in flight. It was like two ME109s taking hits on a lagging behind B17.
 
Last edited:
Once again, great pics!!

I was out working in the yard yesterday when a Blue Jay started raising quite a ruckus in a nearby Spruce. I looked up just in time to see a hawk just barely skim the tree top!! What I wouldn't do to be able to print that view from my memory. ....Course, knowing me, the printed pic would probably end up looking like something obscene! :BangHead:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom