What's new

Farm relics

WannaDig3687

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
23,801
Reaction score
112,451
Golden Thread
0
Location
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Took a different approach to the home site and managed to find some interesting pieces mixed in with the usual fence pieces. IMG_20170831_194844.webp
IMG_20170831_194909.webp
IMG_20170831_200733.webp
IMG_20170831_200741.webp
IMG_20170831_203708.webp
View attachment 1489325

I believe I have some sort of hitch, a horseshoe, and maybe a cap that would cover a nut like from a wagon.
 
Very nice artifacts Wrightdigger. Thanks for the great photos!
 
I've had a little bit of spring like weather here. I went out last Wednesday morning with the AT Max . I cleaned up a bunch of trash in an hour and a half. This was all in the same area that I hunted last year with my delta 4000. I love the little skillet! It was on the surface and I missed it last year!

IMG_1859.webp

IMG_1860.webp

IMG_1864.webp

IMG_1863.webp
 
Over the weekend in mid February, my husband and I went to visit his father in western Kentucky. He has a farm and I took my AT MAX. Well it rained all day Saturday and was very cold. So I had to make the hunt short and sweet on Sunday. My husband drove us on the four wheeler back to where there was an old home site. Boy was it muddy! This was only my third time out with the max and I'm fairly new at detecting, so I can't even really say what settings I had going on. I just turned it on and we dug every signal. We inspected everything we found at first. It soon became apparent we had a trash site. Not an old trash site either. We're guessing maybe the 70's. So, I could tell hubby was getting impatient and thinking about the long ride home. I turned my sensitivity way down and I would get a signal, he would dig, I would find, he would throw it in the four wheeler. No inspecting. I finally, quit and we drove up to the house and started rinsing the mud off. All the sudden my husband says, " You're not going to believe what you found!" It was an old pocket knife. I had explained to my husband that all the finds were to be given to his dad. He informed me that his dad probably won't want them, except for the pocket knife. He collects pocket knives. So, we took them in and showed him all but the knife. He seemed genuinely interested. He's been thinking about metal detecting for a while. I offered the finds and he told me I could have them . Then, I accepted and thanked him (LOL) , but I told him this last one he had to keep and clean. I then pulled out the knife. His face lit up! He was amazed . So, I didn't find much, but it was enough to encourage him to get a metal detector. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

IMG_1831.webp

IMG_1835.webp

IMG_1837.webp

IMG_1836.webp

IMG_1833.webp

IMG_1834.webp
 
I collect pocket knives as well. I think I have one like that, though not as crusty [emoji16]. Cool find!!
 
I collect pocket knives as well. I think I have one like that, though not as crusty [emoji16]. Cool find!!

Well, thank you and welcome to the site, Down_n_Dirty65!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom