What's new

Fastest Gunslinger, enjoy

I wonder about carring a pistol in such a holster. It is definitely not practical. I.P.S.C. used them in the 1990s, I called them game guns. Shootist in the old west had to balance weapon retention against speed. Anyone who carries a handgun knows they are a pain in the butt!
 
Hio gentlemen: bk, was away on co business. will post tonight. that includes you posting also Dano, ya Britlander.

Don Jose de La Mancha
"I exist to Live, not live to exist"
 
I enjoy shooting every gun I own from pistol, to rifle to shotgun. I have pellet guns, 22 caliber, SKS's, 30.06 all the way up to .338 Win Mag. Nothing bigger than that; no need. I have a .357 Ruger pistol and a .357 Henrys lever action rifle. As those of you familiar with guns know, the .357's I have will also shoot .38, .38 Special and .38 Special+P. My sons and I have reloading capability for all of our guns except the 22's but we have a stockpile of many thousands of rounds in the safes for those already. I think, if you were to ask all family members which gun they enjoy shooting the most though, hands down it would be the AR15's but you can go through a ton of ammo with them in a very short time. My favorite pistol is the Ruger SP101 with the short barrel. It's a very compact, easy to conceal, 5-shot revolver. I don't do any quick draw practicing with it but I don't miss short range targets. I have hit a 6-inch high glass insulator at 100 yards with it using .38 Special. Took 3 trys.
I'd love to have Dano come over here and spend a few days at the ranch just plinking around although I think discussing guns with him would be like discussing sex with the Pope. ;D
 
HI packer Backer: You posted a fine set of stories on your firearms, gracias. Now MORE !

However on the end you posted -->I think discussing guns with him would be like discussing sex with the Pope.
***********
Do you have any idea how many children the various Popes fathered? No disrespect intended my friends, just repeating historical fact.

Don Jose de La Mancha
"I exist to Live, not live to exist"
 
I saw this before, and I can't believe it
 
finally bk from the mine, all business now concluded and will get back on topic tomorrow, still a bit beat.

S&W revolvers, love em. Even sleep with one down under the sheets by my waist. It can be recovered and used with no obvious motion, whereas reaching under a pillow or towards a night table drawer can be suicide. I learned this in world travels to unpoliced areas. A semi is basically useless for this unless dangerously loaded and cocked, however if it has double action, then equal to a good revolver.

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to Live, not live to exist"
 
I just got back from spending a couple of days in new hampshire at my sisters house.My brother in law and me went to the gun show in manchester,had a real good time :thumbsup:.It felt pretty good getting out of Massachusetts for a couple of days.While at the gun show I had to pick up a new toy. :laughing7: 295 bucks i picked up a yugoslav sks 7.62. It was pretty clean but after putting 20 rounds through it it started dripping cosmoline lol.No problem though. I'm going to be replacing a couple of parts to it any way(the gas valve and tube)a common problem with yugo sks'.s. Plenty of aftermarket pieces. I found a picture of what mine looks like on a website so i thought i would share it. I cant wait to go back to my sisters for a visit so i can strip it down,clean it and do the minor repair. :hello2:Mine is the one at the top of the picture.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00106.webp
    DSC00106.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 186
Dano Sverige said:
It all means dip ...! I could shoot you all..AND bob munden in the back...and i'm a Brit' who according to you lot haven't invented guns yet etc!! :laughing9: :tongue3:








Makes me glad to see you choose not to own a gun mate you seem to be a tad on the wild side .
 
I wonder if I'll ever get the fast with my B-B gun, eh? My Dad told me that he saw a guy hit a Mento's with an arrow once....
 
like anything else it just takes practice.When you think youre done practicing, practice some more :wink:
 
Good afternon civil war hunter: You posted -->My Dad told me that he saw a guy hit a Mento's with an arrow once....
*********

That would be Howard Hill. Do your research on him, he was unbelievable and unbeatable for years.

Dln Jose de La Mancha
 
Our SKS's are Russian and Chinese. We got them some years back for about $85 each. I only have one of them but my sons have multiple numbers of them. Ours are all stock, with open sights, very accurate and dependable. My son got this hog with one shot from one of his SKS's. It was the first time he had ever fired that rifle so he retired it. He won't shoot it again.
 

Attachments

  • sks.webp
    sks.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 165
Cool,thanks!


Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Good afternon civil war hunter: You posted -->My Dad told me that he saw a guy hit a Mento's with an arrow once....
*********

That would be Howard Hill. Do your research on him, he was unbelievable and unbeatable for years.

Dln Jose de La Mancha
 
Our SKS's are Russian and Chinese. We got them some years back for about $85 each. I only have one of them but my sons have multiple numbers of them. Ours are all stock, with open sights, very accurate and dependable. My son got this hog with one shot from one of his SKS's. It was the first time he had ever fired that rifle so he retired it. He won't shoot it again.

I looked at quite a few guns with the idea of buying one at the gun show.I didnt see too many sks's at the show,maybe 10 if that.I was looking at mini 14s, m1 carbines,the russian and chinese sks's were around 350 400 bucks, basically anything semiauto. The prices on the mini's and the m1's was pretty much beyond the cash i brought with me. I finally came across the yugo tucked away, almost out of sight of anybody passing buy. I even brought my MSVN dagger for a trade but nobody would give me an honest trade.Nice hog,fire up that BBQ pit and get the rotisserie out :icon_thumleft:85 bucks :o I guess i missed the good old days :laughing7:
 
HI: I bought a Lahti 9 m/m pistol in mint condition for $25 in 52. sigh . Course when I was a kiddie they were giving away cap & ball pistols. Now that I want a Colt Navy .36 with the standard barrel ??

Don Jose de La Mancha
"I exist to Live, not live to exist
 
remember this one lil thing --fast against targets igreat --BUT ---unlike a real human targets do not move for cover and can not fire back and kill you .

drawing and firing at a human being that moves and is also drawing on you is way differant that getting "planted" and drawing on targets ---

with that said --yes the man is one heck of a fast draw artist --and his gear is custom made and altered for exactly what he is doing --
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom