Fat Arses Report here! Anybody want to do a biggest loser competition?

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had fruit for breakfast and a salad for lunch and tons of water. By the time it was time to go home I had to stop at Taco Bell for a burrito (I was starving)! Bad mistake on my part but dinner will be better choices and tomorrow is another day. Just cannot get the full feeling eating plants and water.

If you change your diet to lose weight you don't need to starve. I have seen a lot of people who start a drastic "diet" to lose weight but they go too far in the calorie reduction and quit real quick. If you do that you will feel starved for sure. I was getting that today, but realized I had only taken in like 600 calories..

It takes a little research but you may be surprised how much you can eat if you eat the right things. Good luck with figuring it out and don't give up!!

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Another little trick that might help is during the day when drinking water add some fresh lemon juice. It helps to burn fat and flush toxins out of your system.

Regards + HH

Bill

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My New years resolution was to get in shape then I realized round is a shape.LOL just kidding my hat is off to you.I too am trying, but my job is making it hard, I drive truck 14.5 hr days not much time for much else, although I stop and walk around my truck a few times a load and climb stairs to get on top of trailers at the safety racks 4x a day.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do it, I saw it on TV once:laughing7:

Attachments

• 16.gif
    16.gif
    573.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had fruit for breakfast and a salad for lunch and tons of water. By the time it was time to go home I had to stop at Taco Bell for a burrito (I was starving)! Bad mistake on my part but dinner will be better choices and tomorrow is another day. Just cannot get the full feeling eating plants and water.

Have a eggs and bacon for breakfast, steak for dinner, skip the potato’s, burritos and other high carb food and you will lose weight without starving. Keeps your blood sugar even too.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The sugar craving can easily be taken care of. 2 nice ripe bananas, couple teaspoons of chia seeds, 3-4 medjool dates, handful of spinach and a blender. Heck, sky's the limit with smoothie recipes. Drink one down taking your time and then drink a glass of water for a nice full belly that will stick with you.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have a eggs and bacon for breakfast, steak for dinner, skip the potato’s, burritos and other high carb food and you will lose weight without starving. Keeps your blood sugar even too.

I never understood the high protein diet. Human body is not made for it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eggs, steak, bacon....am I missing something?

Just because a couple food items were listed doesnt mean that is the ONLY thing you should eat. I lost a LOT of weight on the Keto diet and I ate eggs and bacon most mornings and chicken or fish (and sometimes steak) most dinners. I also had a lot of other things along with those, but you can't simplify the diet into a couple items.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Atkins Style, Low carb, High protein, Ketosis diet or what ever you want to call it diet can be extremely successful for weight loss. About the only potential physical side effect is it for some can be a little hard on the kidneys if memory serves me correct. I wish I couldn't say it due to the fact I put it all back on but I have done it before and it is amazing. I lost a lot of weight and it almost seemed to just melt off. All the while eating that way my cholesterol fell as well. There is science to back it up.

There is absolutely more than one way to lose weight there is not doubt.. The big thing I am hoping to do is create a lifestyle(Activity + Diet) I can maintain for the rest of my life. I don't want all the things waiting for me if I don't do something now. Diabetes, Stroke, Heart disease etc. are a matter of time for us who choose to stay fat or out of shape(besides round), And I don't want to live my life on pills to treat the symptoms of these conditions. Do your research, Find your way, but most importantly I hope you all find health like never before!! Now give me some ice cream!!! lol

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just because a couple food items were listed doesnt mean that is the ONLY thing you should eat. I lost a LOT of weight on the Keto diet and I ate eggs and bacon most mornings and chicken or fish (and sometimes steak) most dinners. I also had a lot of other things along with those, but you can't simplify the diet into a couple items.

Lol. A simple try the Atkins diet would have been better than giving a 3 food menu for one day.

I agree totally about success on different diets but one thing people forget about is when they choose a specific diet like this they also cut out processed foods (for the most part). The weight loss is also helped out by this. Like getting a larger coil and slowing your search coverage down then praising said coil after finding a couple deepies.

The Atkins lifestyle in reality is steps that eventually lead into a paleo diet. I don't agree with the beginning stage of the Atkins diet since it is a huge percentage of animal protien. Literally almost no fiber at all. So there's dead animal carcass sitting idle inside of 40ft of tubing (intestines).

Any person I've seen try it doesn't stick with it. That's just my experience and opinions as everyone has theirs. I love watching people transform into a better version of themselves! Some really amazing transformation vids on youtube too. Inspiring :headbang:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was once told if you shop the outside aisles of a grocery store and avoid the aisles with boxed or canned foods is the best way to shop all the processed foods are in the center aisles next time you go shopping look and see.All the fresh foods are at the walls in most stores the junk is in the center.Not counting the frozen foods.Frozen veggies.Not the pizza's.My biggest issue right now is 3 bulging disc's a fractured vertebrae(they call it wedging on the M.R.I.) and nothing to fix it from a truck accident and a torn meniscus not from the accident it happened when I was feeding some strays and my knee popped out. And yet I still outwork the youngsters.Braces work wonders.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Here's a video for a hearty veggy stew. You can change up the mix based on what you have or easily available.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well here is my 3rd day and on my first day I ate way too much and blew it. On my second day I did a little better.
So today I will stick to the plan.
Jump start my metabolism with a banana within the first hour of waking.
Eat healthy about every two hours. Salad, fruit, avocados, lemon. All grow in abundance I’m our yard.
Stay away from the breads, peanut butter and sugars.
Charge my Fitbit and go for a walk. IPhone also has a steps app.
Today’s weight: 199.8

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck Jack. Thanks for thinking of the other members too. You can do it brother!

I am here for moral support only, as I lost 50 Lbs. when I gave up alcohol in 2014.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep the outside aisles all around the store is the place to concentrate. Mostly real food and keep away from processed foods in the center aisles. I admit I do buy some stuff in that area but mostly legumes, ie; lentils, dried or canned chick peas, beans and that sort of thing as well as rice and other grains.

The 3 cheapest flavor enhancers are salt, sugar and fat which is what the big food companies load up on when the food is heavily processed.

Regards + HH

Bill

I was once told if you shop the outside aisles of a grocery store and avoid the aisles with boxed or canned foods is the best way to shop all the processed foods are in the center aisles next time you go shopping look and see.All the fresh foods are at the walls in most stores the junk is in the center.Not counting the frozen foods.Frozen veggies.Not the pizza's.My biggest issue right now is 3 bulging disc's a fractured vertebrae(they call it wedging on the M.R.I.) and nothing to fix it from a truck accident and a torn meniscus not from the accident it happened when I was feeding some strays and my knee popped out. And yet I still outwork the youngsters.Braces work wonders.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be happy with somewhere around 50 pounds. I'm not one for New Years resolutions but the plan was already in the works. Keeping it off is the hard part for me. I can lose weight no problem. Last time I tried I went from 338 to 226 in 11 months through diet change and calorie counting, but I gained most of it back within 2 years. Mainly because I went back to my old eating habits and bad food choices after I was content with my weight loss. I've since lost some of that and kept it off, but not enough. I'd like to get back down to 225 and stay there. That's my optimum weight. One I haven't seen too much of in the last 20 years. Slow and steady this time.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better choices today:

Breakfast was a fruit smoothy, lunch was an avocado and 1 cup of brown rice, dinner will be a mix of peppers onions tomatoes rice and ground turkey made into a Mexican bake casserole dish. And lots of water.

I did snack a lot today but it was on nuts and granola, seemed to curb the in between meal cravings.

Water was enhanced with apple cider vinegar on my first 12 ounces and I have already replaced my second cup of coffee some time ago with decaf green tea.

I do 90% of the cooking but weeknight diners are provided by my wife and after a long day it is just easier at times to throw a box meal in the oven. Something we have to work on for sure. For now, we try to limit the portion sizes and supplement the meals with steamed vegetables.

My main problem is that I cannot exercise much with a bad back but I am trying to walk more and last year I started swimming every night when our community outdoor pool was open. No swimming now but plan to do that again.

Good luck to all of you and hopefully I have offered some ideas. I am not competing here just trying to lose some Lbs and start feeling better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread