Favorite songs I was raised on

Thank you RC. I watched a lot of Hee Haw. I didn't know Roy sang Yesterday. I looked up his songs real quick. I found 484. A lot of them I recognize from other artisits. When I clicked on Lord Let It Rain, it took me to a James Taylor video I've seen Fire and I've seen Rain.

I will have to scout around to hear it.

Thank you RC. I watched a lot of Hee Haw. I didn't know Roy sang Yesterday. I looked up his songs real quick. I found 484. A lot of them I recognize from other artisits. When I clicked on Lord Let It Rain, it took me to a James Taylor video I've seen Fire and I've seen Rain.

I will have to scout around to hear it.

His album Roy ClarkCountry has it on it. (Had to edit , thought it was My kind of Country. A Merle Perkins (sp.) title...)
Probably not what the title hints at but....
Fragments are..And probably mangled and misgiven from being so long ago.

"Hear those hound dogs comin , sheriff's on my trail. If not for my kid brother , I'd have ended up in jail...

"Lord let it rain , Lord let it rain , Cause if I make it back in-to the swamp ,I'll never come out againnnn".

Last edited:
Dean, it's good to see you here. If you EVER need me my friend, I'm here.

Thank you, Deep. I liked Janis too. Sad story with her heroin addiction. :sad11:

Here is her version of Me and Bobby McGee.

Here is another version of it that I have had the pleasure of being in the right place at the right time to hear. The guy in this duo is legally blind. He is a cancer survivor.

Thank you, RTR. I listened to these several times over. You know, your music tastes amazes my also, from Aerosmith to Lionel Ritchie, hard rock to soft rock. I love it!

Welcome back Sis hope all is well:)

I had a split childhood due to my Dad's vacation in Viet Nam in 1969, I grew up small in West Virginia and Indiana and then I grew up medium in Mexico, Missouri, but as you all know I am living large in Nebraska! I was also raised as an atheist Christian and then finished up as a Catholic Baptist. I turned out to be a Cactus.:icon_thumleft:
My uncles all sat around the kitchen and played Blue Grass when I was growing up.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Bluegrass! Many trips through Kentucky all you could pickup on the radio was bluegrass.

That had a nice piece of trivia in there. That’s the first song Elvis recorded? I never knew. Thanks for posting L. C. Feel free to add more.

You reminded me of this one. Of course I was so little I thought they were talking about the pop.

Last edited:
Here's a classic. Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt - Orange Blossom Special

Well, now I know I was looking in the wrong part of the state for this spot. John Denver's version was one of my all time favorites. I really wanted to visit Rocky Top. Still would like to find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back