WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Now, Simon, you dropped a hint of some special video. Don't be shy. Let's see it!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard a couple the past few days, that I don't think we played yet. :icon_scratch: Even if we did, no harm hearing them again.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to get back with the other one. I seemed to have my artists confused and can't remember now.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I wasn't a big Elvis fan, either. I remember my dad always watching his movies and trying to get me to watch them with him...
FOLLOW THAT DREAM was filmed in Central Florida when I was in the 8th Grade.
Driving into the town and bank scene was filmed in Ocala, "Holly" buying fishing gear was filmed in Inverness, the courtroom scene was filmed at the Inverness courthouse, which is now a museum, the courtroom displays items from the movie, the bridge and "fishcamp" was filmed on the Gulf between Inglis and Yankeetown, now overgrown, and the riverbank scene is the Withlacoohee River in the backyard of the Issac Walton Lodge Restaurant in Yankeetown.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
FOLLOW THAT DREAM was filmed in Central Florida when I was in the 8th Grade.
Driving into the town and bank scene was filmed in Ocala, "Holly" buying fishing gear was filmed in Inverness, the courtroom scene was filmed at the Inverness courthouse, which is now a museum, the courtroom displays items from the movie, the bridge and "fishcamp" was filmed on the Gulf between Inglis and Yankeetown, now overgrown, and the riverbank scene is the Withlacoohee River in the backyard of the Issac Walton Lodge Restaurant in Yankeetown.

Hmm. I never knew that. Thanks, ECS. I will spend some quarantine time looking for those movies to watch. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I still can't remember the song I heard the day. So I am listening to the 70's station.
Have we played this one?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
It was fun, but I enjoyed the 60's and early 70's Rock songs more. You could get bored and fall asleep playing drums. I was the oldest member and the front man was 15 years old. He had taken his band to New York City and appeared on the Ted Mack show. He was trying to win prize money so he could cut a demo record and go to Nashville. He came back from New York City and fired his band because he did not win. We all went to the same high school and he had put the word out about needing a new band. The front man's cousin was a good friend of mine and convinced me and my friend from the rock band to form a group. The idea was to make enough money so he could cut his demo record and take it to Nashville. It took I think a few months and he did his demo and his parents took him to Nashville to audition. He had way to much competition and could not make it. He did Bill Anderson impersonations and met Bill in Nashville. Bill introduced him around. Our front man eventually became the manager for Little Jimmy Dickens. I spoke with him a few weeks ago and he is a disc jockey and gives Sunday morning sermons in Texas.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
From June 1971

It was hard to watch these videos when I got them. The guy on the left was one of my best friends, he was 4 months younger than I. He died around 2000 from liver disease from an infected needle he used while in San Francisco. The girl was a year younger than I and she recently passed from cancer. She had gone to Nashville and became a studio musician. So, 2 out of 5 of these guys have passed EARLY :sadsmiley:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
It must be pretty hard to make it in the music world. I guess all the starts have to be aligned along with the talent.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That is why we enjoyed it for the fun, adventure, romance :laughing7:

Just look at all the "One Hit Wonders ", bands either imploded with that one hit or just could not keep up.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That other video has the same picture on it, but it is of a different song, Green Green Grass of Home. I have one more video left to post. The girl singing was a huge Janis Joplin fan and sometimes you could hear it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

It was hard to watch these videos when I got them. The guy on the left was one of my best friends, he was 4 months younger than I. He died around 2000 from liver disease from an infected needle he used while in San Francisco. The girl was a year younger than I and she recently passed from cancer. She had gone to Nashville and became a studio musician. So, 2 out of 5 of these guys have passed EARLY :sadsmiley:

That would be hard. I have lost several classmates. The closest one though was my neighbor, the little brother to the guy leaning on my bike that I posted a while back. He passed last year.

But you know, it is a part of life, and it doesn't end here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions