Not open for further replies.

RTH

Sep 22, 2015
Hunterdon County NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, White's MXT, Minelab EQ800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all else fails, I’m sure there is a pay day coming your way from the Discovery Channel or History Channel.

Regardless of what happens, you deserve some sort of return for all the work you've put into this. Tenacity and determination has got to amount to something!

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that gold is probably gone forever.

"They" (spooks of some sort or another) stole over 40 tons of gold from Ukraine, and over 100 tons from Lybia, and God only knows what additional wealth has been looted from elsewhere and squirreled away just in the past 10 years, above and beyond the various gold reserves of other countries stored in the US for "safekeeping" years ago that the owners mysteriously can't get physically returned to them. I'm sure this case will shake out just the same: "LOL wut gold? Whatcha gunna do about it, plebeian?" Might makes right and they've got a practical monopoly on it, sadly. Good luck but I won't be holding my breath. :sadsmiley:

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may be a dumb question or maybe misinformed since I haven't ready every post here. But FK said the gold was in a cave "to the right" and there was also silver in this cave "to the left". I also read that the gold was under a fire pit? So if the FBI dug it up, they dug straight down, through the ceiling of the cave? Why didn't they just go in through the cave? Too tight? If that is the case, how nearly impossible would it be to put THAT MUCH gold and silver there in the first place? We'd be talking days or weeks hard work without anyone knowing. Sorry if I'm missing something here.

I would also wonder why there was anything still there at all. If it was hijacked gold and silver from a shipment, there had to be more than one person involved. So multiple people knew about it and where it was. Did they not pass the information down before they died? No one else knew about it and it sat dormant until FK found it almost 200 years later?

It's exciting as all get out to think this story is true. And even if it is, I'd like to understand more of the machinations of it. There are many parts of the story that just seem difficult to believe.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We had a deal on Finders Fee with the FBI from day one. Our attorney even talked to K.T. Newton at the U.S. Dep. of Justice Office way before the dig happen. I will not talk about what the deal was ,YET. But if the FBI does not say how much they took , we can not file a finders fee. This why we are pissed and need info on how much they took. The FBI never told us or our lawyer if they found gold. When we asked them did you find gold , YES or NO , they never answered back. We and our lawyer asked them many times , Yet the FBI and Newton never gave us a Yes or No answer. Its a legal thing on what they tell us and we can use it in court but no answer says it all. If nothing was found then why a investigation for what reason. The FBI said this investigation is still on going , 7 months later. They asked us to stay quiet until they finished it, Ya how much longer. Senator Pat Tommey said they can take years to investigate , its a stull used many times to avoid the real answer.

Why K.T. Newton? She is a prosecutor. She prosecutes financial crimes. That's her job at Justice. Why would you make a deal with a prosecutor unless she was investigating a crime you were suspected of being involved in?

This doesn't make any sense.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am just curious. Has any Union military artifacts been recovered in the area? No doubt if troops were there, especially having camped, artifacts would be left behind of military in nature. I would just like to see photos of what military items have been recovered.

Hiball76

Jul 17, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett At gold, equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why K.T. Newton? She is a prosecutor. She prosecutes financial crimes. That's her job at Justice. Why would you make a deal with a prosecutor unless she was investigating a crime you were suspected of being involved in?

This doesn't make any sense.

If the government was wanting to make sure that the missing gold was properly/legally returned to them, I can see them using a prosecutor to protect there interest. The use of a prosecutor doesn't necessarily mean they are looking at prosecuting FK, but if there was Gold/Silver in the hole, FK obviously played a large part in bringing it to there attention and we are talking about the possibility of a large amount of $$$$.

I wish FK and crew the best of luck, Hopefully he will get some closure in the matter, I'm sure it's been a wild ride.

Last edited:

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not everything Hits the Newspapers.
If a Reporter hears a story that doesn't fit their Belief System,
They will Either ignore it,
Or write it up as a Joke.
an Example U.F.O. Stories. Even with Photo Evidence is Laughed at
as if told by a Scammer Or a Nut.

or the Arc .

or An Old time Treasure story may be Laughed off OR Buried, If the Reporter
Doesn't Believe, Or Does Believe & Wants it for Himself.

Then it comes to History.
Writing History is about making The Historian & his Country Feel Superior.

If Nazi Germany still Existed, You can bank on their History Books saying They won The War,
They were the good Guys During world War 2.

Japans History Books Probably Paint Pearl Harbor as a Defensive move.
if it Wasn't . Can You really Trust everything in Our History books ?

Columbus :BangHead: What a Joke !

No I'm Not getting Political, but just look what is going on in the u.s. now.
there is 2 proofs out there. cnn's proof and Fox's proof

Just Stating Facts For people asking for Proof.

All Historians Paint their History to Fit their belief.

How many times Since Money was Invented was a Large Shipment of Money, Silver Or Gold Shipped somewhere & Lost ? Did they all hit the News & History Books ?

So unless You have a Time Machine, I Go with What FK says.
As he is a Respected Member here and was On the Site

Jeff: I totally agree 100%. Very well said Sir.

Bill

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , This is war gold so a form of Blood Money , How quickly the respect of those who gave their lives is forgotten.

TP

hbru123

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok, Someone please tell me what's wrong here. Title of the post is : "FBI removes 7 to 9 tons of Civil War Gold from Dents Run ". Right ? Hence, to someone using normal English grammar, they would interpret that to mean: "FBI removes 7 to 9 tons of Civil War Gold from Dents Run ". Right ?

However, when you open & read the news link, ... there is no gold. Only continued speculation (as sincere as it may be). But how can someone say (in Plain English) that gold was "found", if there's none is ever there to be seen, shown, etc... ? Wouldn't that fall into the category of speculation, etc... ? Is that mean to ask this ? Isn't it an honest question ? Is that not normal grammar rules of English language ? Shouldn't the title of the post include the word "purported" or "possibly" in there, as a qualifier ?

And why can't the lack of forthcoming gold mean: No gold was found ? Why does it, of necessity, point to a grand govt. conspiracy hush job ?

I agree with Ozarks who says : " If no one SAW the ACTUAL GOLD then everything after that is mere speculation "

This is not mean, or against the rules to say, right? It is merely applying normal rules of English grammar. Right ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a Class on English Grammar !

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, Someone please tell me what's wrong here. Title of the post is : "FBI removes 7 to 9 tons of Civil War Gold from Dents Run ". Right ? Hence, to someone using normal English grammar, they would interpret that to mean: "FBI removes 7 to 9 tons of Civil War Gold from Dents Run ". Right ?

However, when you open & read the news link, ... there is no gold. Only continued speculation (as sincere as it may be). But how can someone say (in Plain English) that gold was "found", if there's none is ever there to be seen, shown, etc... ? Wouldn't that fall into the category of speculation, etc... ? Is that mean to ask this ? Isn't it an honest question ? Is that not normal grammar rules of English language ? Shouldn't the title of the post include the word "purported" or "possibly" in there, as a qualifier ?

And why can't the lack of forthcoming gold mean: No gold was found ? Why does it, of necessity, point to a grand govt. conspiracy hush job ?

I agree with Ozarks who says : " If no one SAW the ACTUAL GOLD then everything after that is mere speculation "

This is not mean, or against the rules to say, right? It is merely applying normal rules of English grammar. Right ?

Who said NO ONE saw the gold being loaded on to and off the quads :dontknow: . The statement is correct and in time we will tell it all.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited by a moderator:

jsnipr

Aug 13, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New account, 1st post....yeah sure I believe you but my Tommy gun don't! I'm giving you to the count of ten to get your no good....

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell the troll diggup goodbye.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. FK has ZERO defense towards skeptics. After all he has withheld critical proof or facts for a half a decade!!! Alll the while eluding to having evidence proving something HUGE. He has apparently shared some of this info with some people and they seem to be on his “side”.

That is his choice. It does leave an obvious trap for skeptics, which has led to numerous “punishments”.

Personally there are only a couple reasons to do this.
One might be to build suspense and try to maximize some sort of production media value.
Another might be to preserve some sort of legal strategy.

The one critical missing link here (for us people trying to follow along) is the public court record.
Finders Keepers has refused to provide docket numbers. “Court Ordered” or “Court Santioned”
means our tax dollars were spent via. the legal system. Around here you can sit in on court proceedings. It starts in county superior court and slowly makes its way up the ladder.
You can take notes, write news stories about the claims/facts presented. It’s all open and public record. Why is this missing I wonder?

Finally, as mentioned before, per the rules here, there is no obligation to provide concrete proof to back up theories or claims.

You only have to be respectful as you would face to face. I think EVERYBODY has an issue with the fact that the word FOUND has been used over and over without any of the typical photos associated with most of the other finds that are graciously shared here. That should. not provoke accusations of lying on the part of skeptics (as long as they are respectful). It’s just human nature. I suggest that is taken into account.

What would I do for 7 tons of gold? Probably hire some unskilled labor to dig a long tunnel. Of course not before boring right through a huge mess of yellow to prove it’s existance. Especially when local authorities are skeptic and think I have wild ideas.

One thing that everybody should understand is that this has been left open ended purposely for whatever reason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. FK has ZERO defense towards skeptics. After all he has withheld critical proof or facts for a half a decade!!! Alll the while eluding to having evidence proving something HUGE. He has apparently shared some of this info with some people and they seem to be on his “side”.

That is his choice. It does leave an obvious trap for skeptics, which has led to numerous “punishments”.

Personally there are only a couple reasons to do this.
One might be to build suspense and try to maximize some sort of production media value.
Another might be to preserve some sort of legal strategy.

The one critical missing link here (for us people trying to follow along) is the public court record.
Finders Keepers has refused to provide docket numbers. “Court Ordered” or “Court Santioned”
means our tax dollars were spent via. the legal system. Around here you can sit in on court proceedings. It starts in county superior court and slowly makes its way up the ladder.
You can take notes, write news stories about the claims/facts presented. It’s all open and public record. Why is this missing I wonder?

Finally, as mentioned before, per the rules here, there is no obligation to provide concrete proof to back up theories or claims.

You only have to be respectful as you would face to face. I think EVERYBODY has an issue with the fact that the word FOUND has been used over and over without any of the typical photos associated with most of the other finds that are graciously shared here. That should. not provoke accusations of lying on the part of skeptics (as long as they are respectful). It’s just human nature. I suggest that is taken into account.

What would I do for 7 tons of gold? Probably hire some unskilled labor to dig a long tunnel. Of course not before boring right through a huge mess of yellow to prove it’s existance. Especially when local authorities are skeptic and think I have wild ideas.

One thing that everybody should understand is that this has been left open ended purposely for whatever reason.

I will try my best to answer your questions. The FBI asked us not to talk because of the on going investigation . But its been 7 months and they will not talk to us about the investigation. So our lawyer said we can now talk about the dig and anything before the dig but there are things we need to keep quiet until the time is right. We have more than enough to prove our story and this is headed to Federal Court not local court.

What you have seen on TV or in the news is about 1/3 of what we have that proves the FBI removed a lot of gold and silver. We can not talk about the investigation Y

There is no public records or Court Ordered anything that the FBI will show us. WHY
:dontknow:
We want that info to, that's what we are fighting for.

Your tax dollars did pay for this but it wasn't us that said 9 tons , that was Enviroscan . When we worked with the FBI there was 7 agents on site each time. We thought there would be 7 to 10 agents on site when the dig went down. No way did we know 100 agents, 7 military cargo trucks and hummers , 3 armored trucks , choppers, 30 black SUV's and more would show up. Most of this was hidden from us and the public at a local site. Hay at times the local people could not leave their property and the road into and out of Dents Run was shut down by FBI armed guards. There is a lot the public does not know yet. DCNR could not go on site until the FBI let them, they had to sit in their truck for 5 1/2hrs on day 2. WHY
It was their land .

The word FOUND
is 100% right on, we drilled into the gold and showed it to DCNR 6 yrs ago. That's when things went bad with us and DCNR and that's all I can say for now :BangHead:.

We have reports from 2 major company's that scaned the site, and one company told Senator Pat Toomey, If Enviroscan said 9 tons you can bet it was there NO MATTER WHAT THE FBI SAYS.

We have over a thousand pictures and videos of people telling what they saw. Do we want to show it all now or hold off until the time is right. We know the FBI are looking at this site to:hello:. ITS HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME if you want to win
:occasion14:

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try my best to answer your questions. The FBI asked us not to talk because of the on going investigation . But its been 7 months and they will not talk to us about the investigation. So our lawyer said we can now talk about the dig and anything before the dig but there are things we need to keep quiet until the time is right. We have more than enough to prove our story and this is headed to Federal Court not local court.

What you have seen on TV or in the news is about 1/3 of what we have that proves the FBI removed a lot of gold and silver. We can not talk about the investigation Y

There is no public records or Court Ordered anything that the FBI will show us. WHY
We want that info to, that's what we are fighting for.

Your tax dollars did pay for this but it wasn't us that said 9 tons , that was Enviroscan . When we worked with the FBI there was 7 agents on site each time. We thought there would be 7 to 10 agents on site when the dig went down. No way did we know 100 agents, 7 military cargo trucks and hummers , 3 armored trucks , choppers, 30 black SUV's and more would show up. Most of this was hidden from us and the public at a local site. Hay at times the local people could not leave their property and the road into and out of Dents Run was shut down by FBI armed guards. There is a lot the public does not know yet. DCNR could not go on site until the FBI let them, they had to sit in their truck for 5 1/2hrs on day 2. WHY
It was their land .

The word FOUND
is 100% right on, we drilled into the gold and showed it to DCNR 6 yrs ago. That's when things went bad with us and DCNR and that's all I can say for now :BangHead:.

We have reports from 2 major company's that scaned the site, and one company told Senator Pat Toomey, If Enviroscan said 9 tons you can bet it was there NO MATTER WHAT THE FBI SAYS.

We have over a thousand pictures and videos of people telling what they saw. Do we want to show it all now or hold off until the time is right. We know the FBI are looking at this site to:hello:. ITS HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME if you want to win
:occasion14:

Fair enough. The last two AP stories mention “court ordered” or “ court sanctioned” excavations.
Where did they get this info? There are public courts and very very few secret courts.
Did AP get this wrong, or are we talking a secret court? If your going to be testifying in Federal Court, I’d avoid saying anything further here because it will be twisted and scrutinized against you. Regardless of any truth or however carefully it’s worded.

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , The gold mine near me uses a 20 foot DV container tare weight 2.300 Kgs Payload 25 000 Kgs side lift single axle truck and. 2 support security vehicles . Seems to be a far more obscure way to move something than an army of black vans which would look far from a covert operation. Please explain the explain? TP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread