What's new

Felt like going out for a "WALK" 1803 LC, 1809 LC and others.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time out since last Thursday with Bill D and Brad (outdoor ADV ).
New it was going to rain, but figured I could get a few hours in. Almost 1 and half hours before the sky open up. It was enough though!
I went back to one of my spots that I haven't been to since September.
Last time there the ground was like concrete.
Let me tell you, it was like a new site.
Targets everywhere.
10min in I pulled the 1803 LC. Couldn't tell what it was at the time, just knew it was a LC instead of a KG. Then came the 1809 20min later.
I thought wow that was good enough if it starts to rain. Haha.
The whole reason for the walk today was I just put together a display case and I wanted some bigger pieces of Iron in the case.
Well it did not disappoint, I dud a deep iron signal and about 18inches down I pulled out a clothing Iron.
How cool is that. I believe its colonial, if not close enough. Lol
Then I dug the buckle, and the 2 buttons. Oh I forgot to mention, in the hole with the 1803 was a trade bead. (I think its a trade bead?) my first. Then I found the 1862 IH.
Then it started to rain, and as I was swinging towards my truck I get a great hit. Dug down a out pops the
1864 2center.. Man I love the design of these coins, and its in great shape to boot..
Thanks for listening and looking.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1447361316471.webp
    1447361316471.webp
    85.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 1447361330850.webp
    1447361330850.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 1447361349318.webp
    1447361349318.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 1447361369808.webp
    1447361369808.webp
    120.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 1447361382329.webp
    1447361382329.webp
    78.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 1447361400679.webp
    1447361400679.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 1447361414809.webp
    1447361414809.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 1447361427311.webp
    1447361427311.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 1447361439238.webp
    1447361439238.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 1447361450283.webp
    1447361450283.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 1447361463692.webp
    1447361463692.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 1447361474078.webp
    1447361474078.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 1447361485393.webp
    1447361485393.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 1447361495638.webp
    1447361495638.webp
    26 KB · Views: 167
  • 1447361506651.webp
    1447361506651.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 1447361517332.webp
    1447361517332.webp
    25 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 66
Nice walk. Great hunt. That 2-center is amazing. Love the LCs.
I took a short walk this evening and got a dollar in clad and a crusty buff. :dontknow:
Id love to see some more pics of those displays.
140b5483695386641c948708752a0663ef0e2f500d6cdab6175c881d626a5a60.webp
 
The detail on that two-cent!
 
Just awesome.

PS: I'm moving down to PA.
 
Your 2 center is one of the greatest ones I have seen. Even being dug it looks better than ones on the Bay!!!!!:thumbsup:
 
You and your old green coins. About time you started digging some of those 40s and 50s shiny silver coins!! BTW, let me know if you need my mailing address to send me that old slimy green 2 center. Great finds from a beautiful site. One of the nicest I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.
 
That 2c piece is incredible shape!! Must have been lost very early in its circulation. Great LC. Congrats and enjoy the finds!! HH
 
Those 2 centers seem to hold up well, I've found 1 in each of the last 3 yrs, two 1864s and one 1865 and all three are in great shape, very neat coins
 
Nice walk. Great hunt. That 2-center is amazing. Love the LCs.
I took a short walk this evening and got a dollar in clad and a crusty buff. :dontknow:
Id love to see some more pics of those displays.
View attachment 1234859

Ill send them to your email.
Thanks.
 
I love the color the 2 centers turn. I know from experience because I have seen Chris dig at least 1 of his:BangHead:
 
I love the color the 2 centers turn. I know from experience because I have seen Chris dig at least 1 of his:BangHead:

Make that 2 dave, one in camptown and another at the site of the 1/2 reale u gave up on, lol!
 
Awesome display George! Nice to see the variety
 
Nice walk...lot's to like in those pics. That deuce is in outstanding condition!
 
You never see 2 cent coins look that nice, huge congrats, I have never dug one but the patina and detail on that coin is amazing, would go right into my display. When you get it all cleaned up, would love to see some nice pics of it. ;-)
 
that is too much greatness to find in one day. put some of it back then dig it again next week. thinking of paying some crack head to plant a GPS tracker on your car so we can track you like a wounded deer. who needs movies about superheroes, TNET has "VINOhero"
 
Geez, that's a rock solid 2 center. Of course the coppers are nice. Someday I might find some of those myself. Meanwhile I'll just drool a little bit. Nice little collection.
 
that is too much greatness to find in one day. put some of it back then dig it again next week. thinking of paying some crack head to plant a GPS tracker on your car so we can track you like a wounded deer. who needs movies about superheroes, TNET has "VINOhero"

Lol, you sure you and Beez are not brothers????
Thanks..
 
You never see 2 cent coins look that nice, huge congrats, I have never dug one but the patina and detail on that coin is amazing, would go right into my display. When you get it all cleaned up, would love to see some nice pics of it. ;-)

Here you go Relic.
This is far as im going with it.
 

Attachments

  • 1447455059639.webp
    1447455059639.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 1447455068936.webp
    1447455068936.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 77
Cleaned up well george, nice one
 
Here you go Relic.
This is far as im going with it.

That thing looks amazing. Big fan of emerald green dug coins... It'll look even better when you stick it in the 23mm Airtite holder I just set aside to include with the ws4 adapter package. Gonna display well man.
 
That thing looks amazing. Big fan of emerald green dug coins... It'll look even better when you stick it in the 23mm Airtite holder I just set aside to include with the ws4 adapter package. Gonna display well man.

You are the man. I cant thank you enough for the modification you are doing to the deus headphones.
And the holder!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom