What's new

Felt like going out for a "WALK" 1803 LC, 1809 LC and others.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time out since last Thursday with Bill D and Brad (outdoor ADV ).
New it was going to rain, but figured I could get a few hours in. Almost 1 and half hours before the sky open up. It was enough though!
I went back to one of my spots that I haven't been to since September.
Last time there the ground was like concrete.
Let me tell you, it was like a new site.
Targets everywhere.
10min in I pulled the 1803 LC. Couldn't tell what it was at the time, just knew it was a LC instead of a KG. Then came the 1809 20min later.
I thought wow that was good enough if it starts to rain. Haha.
The whole reason for the walk today was I just put together a display case and I wanted some bigger pieces of Iron in the case.
Well it did not disappoint, I dud a deep iron signal and about 18inches down I pulled out a clothing Iron.
How cool is that. I believe its colonial, if not close enough. Lol
Then I dug the buckle, and the 2 buttons. Oh I forgot to mention, in the hole with the 1803 was a trade bead. (I think its a trade bead?) my first. Then I found the 1862 IH.
Then it started to rain, and as I was swinging towards my truck I get a great hit. Dug down a out pops the
1864 2center.. Man I love the design of these coins, and its in great shape to boot..
Thanks for listening and looking.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1447361316471.webp
    1447361316471.webp
    85.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 1447361330850.webp
    1447361330850.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 1447361349318.webp
    1447361349318.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 1447361369808.webp
    1447361369808.webp
    120.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 1447361382329.webp
    1447361382329.webp
    78.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 1447361400679.webp
    1447361400679.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 1447361414809.webp
    1447361414809.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 1447361427311.webp
    1447361427311.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 1447361439238.webp
    1447361439238.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 1447361450283.webp
    1447361450283.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 1447361463692.webp
    1447361463692.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 1447361474078.webp
    1447361474078.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 1447361485393.webp
    1447361485393.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 1447361495638.webp
    1447361495638.webp
    26 KB · Views: 167
  • 1447361506651.webp
    1447361506651.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 1447361517332.webp
    1447361517332.webp
    25 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 66
Felt like going out for a "WALK" 1803 LC, 1809 LC and others.

Ahh, the way I like it...Largies to go! Actually, that 1809 is from a time the mint used the crappiest copper (lots of impurities) so it's in great shape considering. However the elephant in the room is that Iron. That is SO COOL!

Congrats bud
 
That 2 cent is FUDGING AMAZING!
Good job, id debs be 2x2ing that one and showcasing or tucking away for myself for ever, Muahahaha
 
That's a fat greenie! Great finds!
 
I wonder though, during your walk, did you ever feel like breaking into song and do some singing in the rain too? ;) LOL

Excellent saves!
 
I wonder though, during your walk, did you ever feel like breaking into song and do some singing in the rain too? ;) LOL

Excellent saves!

I new that title would grab your attention. Lol
Thanks Gary
 
Ahh, the way I like it...Largies to go! Actually, that 1809 is from a time the mint used the crappiest copper (lots of impurities) so it's in great shape considering. However the elephant in the room is that Iron. That is SO COOL!

Congrats bud

Thanks Steve,
Its wierd, looks like it has 8 flat sides on the 1809.
Look forward to the Iron cleaned up.
 
That two cent piece is incredible, I can't stop looking at it, looks like a large motto variety. I am in love with the green color on it which I have noticed some two cents get in good soil conditions. It also looks to have a fairly high details grade, looks to be around an Extra Fine. For future reference I included a photo on how to tell the difference between the more rare small motto and the more common large motto. Overall you had an incredible hunt. I am green with envy, (get it, "green" as in the patina of the coin ) (I know bad pun :))

View attachment 1234759


Congrats!

Thanks Coinman,
I appreciate the motto pic.
It is my favorite us coin.
 
I thought by the title you found a Walker also- of well, just about everything else there is!! Congrats on the great finds!

-- Jeff --

Thanks Jeff,
I didn't even think about a walking liberty. I was teasing Whatafind.
He always talks about taking a walk. Haha.
 
Wow Vino that's a killer 2 center! Love seeing all the great finds that you pull from the ground. Your quick walk would take me months to produce those kinds of finds.
 
Looking forward to your year end wrap up. Though it probably never freezes and snows at your sites
 
Wow, nice walk. That two center is a looker!
 
Thanks Jeff,
I didn't even think about a walking liberty. I was teasing Whatafind.
He always talks about taking a walk. Haha.

Yeah, ya see, Jeff. There are walks & then there are "walks". Some people just don't know how to let go. A "walk", in the rain/muck/mire/mud....sorry. Not my cup o tea. Sounds too much like "work".

I'd rather take a stroll back into the past and find a couple 200 year old buttons I can read then any crusty/corroded copper . ;)
 
You wanted Iron and you dug an iron. how cool is that. Love that 2 cent, it's crisp. All those keepers detected and recovered in 90 minutes, Awesome...
 
You wanted Iron and you dug an iron. how cool is that. Love that 2 cent, it's crisp. All those keepers detected and recovered in 90 minutes, Awesome...

Thanks LD,
Come to think of it, it is really cool.
Thanks for your last post and comments. ..
 
Thanks Steve,
Thats the site I took you too.
The one we tried to sift..can you believe it???
There were still plenty of signals there George. The old stuff just wasn't popping for us that day. I'm not surprised you have found some nice stuff there since the day we hit it. It's a good fall back site for you.
 
DANG VINO THATS A FINE COIN FIND AND THAT GOES FOR THE REST ...
 
Very cool, I'm jelly. I love the color of that two center. Nice walk.
 
Looking forward to seeing that iron cleaned up! Colonial star of the dig there!
 
Now if a person wanted to dig a 2 cent your example is it! Congrats on getting the beauty George.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom