What's new

Felt like going out for a "WALK" 1803 LC, 1809 LC and others.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time out since last Thursday with Bill D and Brad (outdoor ADV ).
New it was going to rain, but figured I could get a few hours in. Almost 1 and half hours before the sky open up. It was enough though!
I went back to one of my spots that I haven't been to since September.
Last time there the ground was like concrete.
Let me tell you, it was like a new site.
Targets everywhere.
10min in I pulled the 1803 LC. Couldn't tell what it was at the time, just knew it was a LC instead of a KG. Then came the 1809 20min later.
I thought wow that was good enough if it starts to rain. Haha.
The whole reason for the walk today was I just put together a display case and I wanted some bigger pieces of Iron in the case.
Well it did not disappoint, I dud a deep iron signal and about 18inches down I pulled out a clothing Iron.
How cool is that. I believe its colonial, if not close enough. Lol
Then I dug the buckle, and the 2 buttons. Oh I forgot to mention, in the hole with the 1803 was a trade bead. (I think its a trade bead?) my first. Then I found the 1862 IH.
Then it started to rain, and as I was swinging towards my truck I get a great hit. Dug down a out pops the
1864 2center.. Man I love the design of these coins, and its in great shape to boot..
Thanks for listening and looking.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1447361316471.webp
    1447361316471.webp
    85.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 1447361330850.webp
    1447361330850.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 1447361349318.webp
    1447361349318.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 1447361369808.webp
    1447361369808.webp
    120.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 1447361382329.webp
    1447361382329.webp
    78.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 1447361400679.webp
    1447361400679.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 1447361414809.webp
    1447361414809.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 1447361427311.webp
    1447361427311.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 1447361439238.webp
    1447361439238.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 1447361450283.webp
    1447361450283.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 1447361463692.webp
    1447361463692.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 1447361474078.webp
    1447361474078.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 1447361485393.webp
    1447361485393.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 1447361495638.webp
    1447361495638.webp
    26 KB · Views: 167
  • 1447361506651.webp
    1447361506651.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 1447361517332.webp
    1447361517332.webp
    25 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 66
Nice WALK George. I was expecting to see another Walker :laughing7:
 
Congrats on the 2 LCs George, but the hands-down winner is that 2 cent piece. I haven't dug many of those, and never one in that kind of shape with great patina and sharp detail. Looks like you may have to return to this site again. And that flat iron should clean up nicely and enhance the look of your display.
 
Nice WALK George. I was expecting to see another Walker :laughing7:

Thanks Steve,
Thats the site I took you too.
The one we tried to sift..can you believe it???
 
Just awesome is all I can add.
 
Not bad for a quick hunt, you're working on a small museum with all the stuff you have found this year
 
In one trip you outperformed every trip I've ever made COMBINED! Well done.
 
What a hunt Vino! Quick and very successful. The coins are awesome, especially that 2c piece and the Classic Head LC... don't see many of those turn up. But I really like that flat iron! It will look great in your display.

I've had the same sort of thing happen where I pound a site and grid it many times, think its done, then return later and it lights up with targets. I've found my most successful hunts are the ones that kick off with a great target right at the beginning... I think its a mental thing that puts me in the right state of mind from the start to listen to all the headphone noise. If its a slow hunt, I get tired from all the noise. ha
 
Man that 2-cent is just unreal, and I love the green patina. Also liking the two 200+ year old large cents!
 
That two cent piece is incredible, I can't stop looking at it, looks like a large motto variety. I am in love with the green color on it which I have noticed some two cents get in good soil conditions. It also looks to have a fairly high details grade, looks to be around an Extra Fine. For future reference I included a photo on how to tell the difference between the more rare small motto and the more common large motto. Overall you had an incredible hunt. I am green with envy, (get it, "green" as in the patina of the coin ) (I know bad pun :))

1864-Two-Cent-SmMotto-LgMotto-comparison.webp


Congrats!
 
Nice finds! That 2 center is beautiful!! Congrats
 
I thought by the title you found a Walker also- of well, just about everything else there is!! Congrats on the great finds!

-- Jeff --
 
Congrats on the 2 LCs George, but the hands-down winner is that 2 cent piece. I haven't dug many of those, and never one in that kind of shape with great patina and sharp detail. Looks like you may have to return to this site again. And that flat iron should clean up nicely and enhance the look of your display.

Thanks Bill,
I just shipped the Iron down to Brad. Haha. I know he would make that look Gorgeous.
 
Not bad for a quick hunt, you're working on a small museum with all the stuff you have found this year

Thanks Chris,
I just put a display together.
Here's a pic.
 

Attachments

  • 1447366894593.webp
    1447366894593.webp
    36 KB · Views: 119
What a hunt Vino! Quick and very successful. The coins are awesome, especially that 2c piece and the Classic Head LC... don't see many of those turn up. But I really like that flat iron! It will look great in your display.

I've had the same sort of thing happen where I pound a site and grid it many times, think its done, then return later and it lights up with targets. I've found my most successful hunts are the ones that kick off with a great target right at the beginning... I think its a mental thing that puts me in the right state of mind from the start to listen to all the headphone noise. If its a slow hunt, I get tired from all the noise. ha

Thats exactly right! If its slow, my ADD kicks in and im done!
If it starts out great then im good for a few hours really paying attention!
Let me know when you get that Iron?
It only cost $200.00 to ship to you. Lol.
 
Man that 2-cent is just unreal, and I love the green patina. Also liking the two 200+ year old large cents!

Thanks Mike.
It was a fun quick hunt..Glad the weather is holding out.
 
Congratualtions on the old copper coins, my favorite. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom