What's new

Finally a good score...11+ years since my last buzz!

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
One of my favorite bank employees said to me yesterday (ran into him while eating lunch) that he had $290 in half pieces that he DESPERATELY wanted me to take off of his hands. So I told him I'd be in today to take care of that for him. I was expecting dumps but he helps me out a lot with all my banking, getting coins, etc so it was the least I could do :wink:

So today I go to the branch and he gets the rolls. They are CWI rolls and there are 29 of them unopened. He starts putting them on the counter and I see a Franklin ender and 3 other silver Kennedy enders. Haha I couldn't concentrate while doing the withdrawal to get the cash. He never blinked at the site of silver and thanked me profusely for taking the 'funny money' off of his hands. No, truly, it was my pleasure sir.

I haven't even opened the rolls as I was on my lunch break and will get to them tonight and I suppose I will even provide pictures :icon_thumright:

There sure have been some solid hits lately!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Finally a good score...man there has been a lot lately

Good luck on those rolls! Hope you pull a ton of silver :thumbsup:
 
Re: Finally a good score...man there has been a lot lately

Oh sure, leave us all in suspense ;D Good luck tonight, i'm guessing 40 silvers.
 
Re: Finally a good score...man there has been a lot lately

FingerGrime said:
I can't wait!

cooking popcorn, hurry back
 
Re: Finally a good score...man there has been a lot lately

Ok well here's the scoop:

It was way better than I expected. My original post stated there was a Franklin ender and 3 other Kennedy silver reverse enders but I must have got excited and mistyped because there were only 2 other silver Kennedy reverse enders.

Total was 37 silvers out of these 29 rolls. Best roll had 6 90% including the Barber. The 1906 is the first Barber coin I have found out of a machine-wrapped roll and the third overall. Here is the breakdown with some pics to make you all jealous hahahahaha :hello2:

1906 Barber
1941x2
1942x2
1942S
1943
1943D
1945x2
1952
1953D
1954
1957D
1959
1959D
1963
1963D
1964x5
1964D
1965x2
1966
1967x3
1968Dx4
1969Dx2

picture1863.jpg


picture1863.jpg


picture1865.jpg


picture1866.jpg


picture1867.jpg


I will be wondering all weekend what happened to the other 21 rolls from this box!
 
Congrats on your score. Think maybe the other 21 rolls were skunks- nah. I used to take a road trip about every month in '07 to a certain area out of town and this one bank would always have an even $100 amounts, if I timed it right I could get $900. Teller told ME a guy comes in every week to get $100. One time I timed it right (when the boxes were really really good here) and got $900, when she carried out the box with the $400 the top was gone and there was over 10 silvers showing. Taught that guy a valuable lesson that day. Next time I went there they had none and she said "now he buys them all". HH Mark
 
Glad to see you hit, and love those kind of pics :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
you nuy him lunch next time -- freinds like that are nice to halve.
 
ivan salis said:
you nuy him lunch next time -- freinds like that are nice to halve.

That is my plan exactly. I have been good to him, gave him some business leads, give him my main banking business, etc, and he knows I am into coins so hooked me up.
 
Real nice score. Glad someone out there is hitting some silver.
Very slow where I am these days. Only one or two here and there.
Hope things pick up a little. Congrats on a great find
rileyboy
 
sweet rolls there, I am waiting for the day when I find sooo many bens and walkers. I've had good rolls full of silver, but never that many old ones. Congrats, and I hope you get more.
 
funny money is good money :icon_thumleft:
 
Wow. What a score. Hopefully it will not be another 11 years until you get another like that. congrats.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom