What's new

Finally a Roman coin :thumbsup:

vince76

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
3,094
Golden Thread
5
Location
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys.

I got back where i found the Phallus cause i was sure i missed something there.
I love the 75 on my garrett's screen.
I found these coins and three of them where new to me, even without cleaning them.

12714135_10207689385409149_701953327_n.webp

Then i cleaned them just enough to undestand what they are and....Boooom baby

My first (good looking) Roman coins.
I don't know them at all so i'm waiting for your help.

Here they are

1 img089.webpimg090.webp

2 img091.webpimg092.webp

3 img093.webp

Also the usuale stuff

img095.webp

And how could i miss this beautiful canadian 1989 cent.

img096.webp

Thank you for watching :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • img096.webp
    img096.webp
    65.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Upvote 14
Yeap, these small coins need a powerful machine.

Just get a Deus and learn how to use it...you'll be in deep coin heaven lol
 
Excellent recoveries,,
I probably won't be finding
many of those up in The Bronx. lol
 
Dads second thoughts on the 2nd coin:
FEL TEMP REPARATIO Spearing fallen horseman coins aredated AD 348-361 and were only issued by 3 Emperors: Constantius II,Constantius Gallus and Julian II.
From the Bust shownit is clearly not Constantius Gallus or Julian II so it must be a CONSTANTIUSII coin and sometimes the head shown can look effeminate.
 
Ummm ya what he said . Congratulations on those finds . Crusader I would love to come across the pond and buy you a pint or two and just listen to you talk about ancient coins
Thanks I had a pint or 7 last night.
 
A PI one?
To be honest I'm not sure, never owned one. If you can't afford an XP Deus, then start on a 2nd hand XP GMP, they also love tiny hammered silver.
See below how sensitive these machines are (tiny roman coin):
 

Attachments

  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom