What's new

Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver Ring

Captn SE

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
2,774
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Fellow Tnetters!!

I'm happy to say that the silver streak after 6 consecutive hunts with my new SE Pro coil remains alive! :headbang: On Monday, I met Jon(GoldenApples) at a coastal park that I hadn't been back to since Mike(oknorom) and I couldn't find a silver coin in it last year. We had found wheaties that day, so I knew there just had to be a silver or two hiding somewhere in the park. I felt it would be a good place to challenge the SE Pro coil. Within minutes of arriving, I marked two signals for Jon to listen to before I plugged them. The first signal, he heard clearly. The second was a little fainter, but he heard the whisper of a high-tone. I was anxious to find out what they were. Jon began filming, and I proceed to pull a silver coin out of each plug. I couldn't believe it. Within minutes, I had two silver coins. A couple of hours later, Mike joined in on the fun. I had a very respectable day, netting 6 silvers, including a silver ring, which looks like it has a disintegrating abalone shell inlay, 20 wheats, and a Los Angeles Harbor Ferry Token. I forgot to mention that the small sliver of a coin next to the merc is actually a piece of a wheatie. The SE pro coil is very sensitive to small targets!

Hope everyone enjoys this video. The second recovery in the vid is a classic "deepie" signal, which results in a nice find. Finally!!!

[video=vimeo;1307133]http://www.vimeo.com/1307133[/video]

A special thanks goes to Jon for filming and editing the video! It was very exciting to share those two morning digs with him. Thanks, buddy!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for viewing, and Happy Hunting to all!
KEEP THE PASSION HIGH!

CAPTN SE
Dan
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2855_sm.webp
    IMG_2855_sm.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,167
  • FerryToken_070708.webp
    FerryToken_070708.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,159
  • AgRing_070708.webp
    AgRing_070708.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,153
Upvote 0
Ant said:
Wow great video Dan :icon_king:. And the silver is as good as it comes. You should have a huge video portfolio by now. Enough for an agent to use over at the Travel or Outdoor Channel, you should have your own show, or at least be a gest or costar.

If Leo is a prospect, you should be too. I hope you get to meet Kirsten Gum one day, she’s hot. Well I should say that she’s hot to an old guy like me. Maybe you can take her hunting, at least you’ll get more exposure that way.

Keep it up and thanks for sharing, good luck.

I'd say she's perfect for you, Anthony, if you weren't married. Just right. ;D ;D
Probably on the day I meet her to film a show of C&T, I'd get skunked.

Good luck to you!

CAPTN SE
Dan
 

Attachments

  • travelchannel005f.webp
    travelchannel005f.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 756
Re: Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver

Hi Again Dan,

Just got home and watched the video. :thumbsup:
I like it so much I'm going to put in on my main website page if you don't mind.
Let me know how you want your credit titled.
Mike
 
Re: Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver

mikewaz said:
Hi Again Dan,

Just got home and watched the video. :thumbsup:
I like it so much I'm going to put in on my main website page if you don't mind.
Let me know how you want your credit titled.
Mike

Thanks, Mike. Glad you enjoyed it. Use any title you want. This video was filmed and edited by my hunting buddy, Jon (GoldenApples). How about, "CAPTN SE Strikes Silver Again!!" ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Re: Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver

You got it there buddy!
Mike
 
Something about this player that won't work for me... :-\ :icon_scratch: It works fine on the ones that are hosted by Youtube or the Youtube player. Oh well :dontknow:, How come everyone gets to find these Cut Silver....? ??? I want to find some cut silver too, :icon_scratch: lol. What is the VDI on Cut Silver?

Nice finds,

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
Something about this player that won't work for me... :-\ :icon_scratch: It works fine on the ones that are hosted by Youtube or the Youtube player. Oh well :dontknow:, How come everyone gets to find these Cut Silver....? ??? I want to find some cut silver too, :icon_scratch: lol. What is the VDI on Cut Silver?

Nice finds,

Keep @ it and HH!!


Thanks, MUD(S.W.A.T). I'd rather find the whole silver, but I'll take them anyway I can get them.

If you can't view the video, you might need to get the browser plugin called Adobe Flash Player. Once installed, close your browser, then re-open it. This will make sure the plugin is utilized by your browser.

Version 9.0.124.0.
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash


CAPTN SE
Dan
 
I like it so much I'm going to put in on my main website page if you don't mind

Hi Mikewaz That looks great on the website.

Hey Dan that was great seeing that Barber come up from the depth's of hell, I think that might be the hardest signal you've mark that i've listerned to.

OK here's the hit list for future finds we need a buff, V, IH, a Quarter from the start, oh and a Gold coin :wink:
 
What a great video and congrats on adding to your silver mine!! Those Parks keep producing and producing and that coil seems to dig out that deep silver!! Great post!!
 
goldenapples said:
I like it so much I'm going to put in on my main website page if you don't mind

Hi Mikewaz That looks great on the website.

Hey Dan that was great seeing that Barber come up from the depth's of hell, I think that might be the hardest signal you've mark that i've listerned to.

OK here's the hit list for future finds we need a buff, V, IH, a Quarter from the start, oh and a Gold coin :wink:

It sure was a great day, Jon. It's not everyday you get to film a barber! That's a good list to shoot for!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Jack(IN) said:
What a great video and congrats on adding to your silver mine!! Those Parks keep producing and producing and that coil seems to dig out that deep silver!! Great post!!

Thanks, Jack! This park stumped me on the silver last year. I hadn't returned until this trip. Glad I did!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Re: Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver

those videos make me want a se pro. thanks for the post
 
That photo isn’t too flattering :wink:. You never get skunked Dan :icon_king:.
I hope it cools donw soon, good luck this weekend.

Kirsten_Gum_Is_A_Hot_Travel_Channel_Host_1.jpeg


Kirsten_Gum_Is_A_Hot_Travel_Channel_Host_3.jpg
 
WOWSER! Two half dimes in one day ::) That is awesome in my book, love the vid also, keep 'em coming. :thumbsup:
 
Hi Again Guys,

The videos are some of the best quality I've seen on the web. What are you shooting them with?
Mike
 
WOW DAN!! That was an awesome video! SO EXCITING!!! WOOHOOO!!!! YOU KICK A$$ DUDE!!!
 
mikewaz said:
Hi Again Guys,

The videos are some of the best quality I've seen on the web. What are you shooting them with?
Mike

Hi Mike, The camara im using for the vid is a Canon PowerShot A640 Digital Camera and just use the video feature, for the camera's size and price it take's amazing pics and theres a ton of features on it.
I use Windows movie maker to edit most of my clips and I feel uploading to Vimeo gives you even better quality and i've tried most of the others out there.

Thanks
 
Re: Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver

Dan,

You are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration. Great finds as always. And thanks for the video. I'm going out detecting myself, hoping I can find a fraction of what you did!

HH,

Dr. Ace
 
Dan,
I had to watch that Barber dig vid again. Fantastic footage of man and machine.
Awesome!!!
-Doug-
 
Great post and video Dan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That is a nice bunch of finds. Congrats and WTG
 
those videos make me want a se pro. thanks for the post

Thanks, PennyHunter. If you get the SE Pro, you will need to change your name to SilverHunter.


WOWSER! Two half dimes in one day Roll Eyes That is awesome in my book, love the vid also, keep 'em coming.

Thanks, NotGittenEnny!! I want some real half-dimes! ;D

WOW DAN!! That was an awesome video! SO EXCITING!!! WOOHOOO!!!! YOU KICK A$$ DUDE!!!

Thanks, Neil!! Glad you like it! Good luck to you!

Dan,
You are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration. Great finds as always. And thanks for the video. I'm going out detecting myself, hoping I can find a fraction of what you did!

HH,
Dr. Ace

Thanks, Dr. Ace! Hope you found something nice on your hunt!

Dan,
I had to watch that Barber dig vid again. Fantastic footage of man and machine.
Awesome!!!
-Doug-

Thanks, Doug! I want to see your barber dig soon! ::)

Great post and video Dan thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
That is a nice bunch of finds. Congrats and WTG

Thanks, Merf! Glad you like it! Good luck on your next hunt!

Thanks again, everyone!! Keep the Passion High!!
CAPTN SE
Dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom