What's new

Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver Ring

Captn SE

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
2,774
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Fellow Tnetters!!

I'm happy to say that the silver streak after 6 consecutive hunts with my new SE Pro coil remains alive! :headbang: On Monday, I met Jon(GoldenApples) at a coastal park that I hadn't been back to since Mike(oknorom) and I couldn't find a silver coin in it last year. We had found wheaties that day, so I knew there just had to be a silver or two hiding somewhere in the park. I felt it would be a good place to challenge the SE Pro coil. Within minutes of arriving, I marked two signals for Jon to listen to before I plugged them. The first signal, he heard clearly. The second was a little fainter, but he heard the whisper of a high-tone. I was anxious to find out what they were. Jon began filming, and I proceed to pull a silver coin out of each plug. I couldn't believe it. Within minutes, I had two silver coins. A couple of hours later, Mike joined in on the fun. I had a very respectable day, netting 6 silvers, including a silver ring, which looks like it has a disintegrating abalone shell inlay, 20 wheats, and a Los Angeles Harbor Ferry Token. I forgot to mention that the small sliver of a coin next to the merc is actually a piece of a wheatie. The SE pro coil is very sensitive to small targets!

Hope everyone enjoys this video. The second recovery in the vid is a classic "deepie" signal, which results in a nice find. Finally!!!

[video=vimeo;1307133]http://www.vimeo.com/1307133[/video]

A special thanks goes to Jon for filming and editing the video! It was very exciting to share those two morning digs with him. Thanks, buddy!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for viewing, and Happy Hunting to all!
KEEP THE PASSION HIGH!

CAPTN SE
Dan
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2855_sm.webp
    IMG_2855_sm.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,167
  • FerryToken_070708.webp
    FerryToken_070708.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,159
  • AgRing_070708.webp
    AgRing_070708.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,153
Upvote 0
Re: Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcus
 
Looks like you had fun..it's great to go back to a place you didn't find any old silver for so long, then come up with all those oldies.

WTG Dan :thumbsup:

Nat
 
That was a really cool video. Brings you right into the dig.
 
Nice finds. :thumbsup:
I sure love them tokens, and looking forward to seeing the video when I get home from work.
Mike
 
awesome finds, I LOVE your videos!
 
Nice diggs and video man.

I pulled up a really deep barber like that the other day at a park I never visited before. It was down on a path deep 8 9 inches but the chirp of the tone i.d allowed it to come in. I love pulling out really deep coins missed by others.

HH Jer
 
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcus

Thanks, Marcus!!

Another Splendifferous ~ Stellar Assortment ... thumbsup

It's Non-Stop Silver Mania ... Rock On Dan ... headbang

That Ferry Token is Righteous ... ~ Nick

Hey, thanks a bunch, Nick!!
One of my buddies found the token in his Kappen Book:

76 Kappen Book
Page 229
CITY OF / LOS ANGELES / (10mm hole, ctr.) / HARBOR / DEPARTMENT //
MUNICIPAL / FERRY TOKEN B 21 tb Two obv. and 2 rev. die var. known .

Looks like you had fun..it's great to go back to a place you didn't find any old silver for so long, then come up with all those oldies.

WTG Dan thumbsup

Nat

Thanks, Nat. Yeah, I'm glad I was finally able to find silver at this park. I considered it a challenge which the SE Pro coil passed with flying colors. Hope your new family pet is doing well!! :thumbsup:

That was a really cool video. Brings you right into the dig.

Thanks, Randazzo1!!

Nice finds. thumbsup
I sure love them tokens, and looking forward to seeing the video when I get home from work.
Mike

Thanks, Mike! HOpe you enjoy the vid! Tokens are always welcome on my hunts!!

awesome finds, I LOVE your videos!

Thanks, Goes4Ever! You keep on making the vids too! There's not enough of them on Tnet!!

Very cool Dan, keep the vids coming, they're awesome.

Thanks, Gibbsium!! Glad you liked the vid!

Nice diggs and video man.

I pulled up a really deep barber like that the other day at a park I never visited before. It was down on a path deep 8 9 inches but the chirp of the tone i.d allowed it to come in. I love pulling out really deep coins missed by others.

HH Jer

Thanks, Jer!! Yeah, it's a great feeling pulling an old coin from the depths. Congrats on your barber find! Might be another one there! Good luck!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
I liked your video annd nice finds. :thumbsup:
 
Super video Dan. Wish I had days like that. I am about sold on getting one of those SE pro coils. HH
JDD
 
That SILVER sure is shining! Man I loved the Real Silver U.S. coins!!! Great haul of beautiful silver coins Captain!! :wink: :thumbsup:
 
I really enjoyed the video and I hope you guys will keep them coming. :thumbsup: I could watch the whole hunt! lol Congratulations on a productive outing, looks like a very nice park. Was surprised to see what looks like 7 of the items have damage from the lawnmowers. It is 110 degrees here today so no outdoor hunting for us, but this video makes me want to race out and detect! I wondered if you could tell me what you are using for your grass mat, it looks like thin black rubber material. Thanks again Dan ;D

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:
 
I liked your video annd nice finds.

Thanks, RodgerDodger!!

Super video Dan. Wish I had days like that. I am about sold on getting one of those SE pro coils. HH
JDD

Thanks, JDD!

That SILVER sure is shining! Man I loved the Real Silver U.S. coins!!! Great haul of beautiful silver coins Captain!!

Thanks, Sentinel! There's nothing like Real US Silver, except for US gold! ;D

I really enjoyed the video and I hope you guys will keep them coming. thumbsup I could watch the whole hunt! lol Congratulations on a productive outing, looks like a very nice park. Was surprised to see what looks like 7 of the items have damage from the lawnmowers. It is 110 degrees here today so no outdoor hunting for us, but this video makes me want to race out and detect! I wondered if you could tell me what you are using for your grass mat, it looks like thin black rubber material. Thanks again Dan Grin

HH, Mark

Thanks, Mark. I'm using a piece of an old truck tire inner-tube. Works great. Yes, lots of lawnmowers all over the S. CA turf here.

CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Very nice Dan :thumbsup: I had a smile on my face the whole time I was watching the video. Don't you just love those deep faint silver chirps that repeat ;D ...yippee...silver in the hole :D
 
Guys,
That video was so cool. A Barber on film is awesome Dan. :icon_king: That was living proof of the power of your detector and that deadly coil in deep soil. :thumbsup:
Great job on the finds. You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
-Doug-
 
Another great video, and super finds!
 
Alway's love the vid's Dan and John.....I can watch them all day.Stupid question Dan but have you ever tried to match up some of the "cut" coin's at any time?Just wondering.Congrat's on some sweet find's and HH!! :thumbsup:
 
silverfreak said:
Very nice Dan :thumbsup: I had a smile on my face the whole time I was watching the video. Don't you just love those deep faint silver chirps that repeat ;D ...yippee...silver in the hole :D

Thanks, Bryce!! I knew it would put a smile to your face. Hearing one of those faint high-toned whispers gets the blood pumping!
Good luck on your next hunt!

Excellent Video!!!!!!! Keep them coming!!!

Thanks, StormFighter!!

Guys,
That video was so cool. A Barber on film is awesome Dan. icon_king That was living proof of the power of your detector and that deadly coil in deep soil. thumbsup
Great job on the finds. You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
-Doug-

Thanks, Doug! It's powerful. When are you getting yours? ;D

Another great video, and super finds!

Thanks, Specter!!

Alway's love the vid's Dan and John.....I can watch them all day.Stupid question Dan but have you ever tried to match up some of the "cut" coin's at any time?Just wondering.Congrat's on some sweet find's and HH!!

Thanks, Civil. Glad you liked it. That's not a stupid question. I'm always looking for the other half, or third, of the silver/wheat I just found. I've been able to find a matching halfs four times: once with a Rosie (5 ft apart from each other), twice with a wheatie, and once with a Silver Quarter(found two pieces of the quarter; couldn't find the final piece though).

HH,
Dan
CAPTN SE
 
Wow great video Dan :icon_king:. And the silver is as good as it comes. You should have a huge video portfolio by now. Enough for an agent to use over at the Travel or Outdoor Channel, you should have your own show, or at least be a gest or costar.

If Leo is a prospect, you should be too. I hope you get to meet Kirsten Gum one day, she’s hot. Well I should say that she’s hot to an old guy like me. Maybe you can take her hunting, at least you’ll get more exposure that way.

Keep it up and thanks for sharing, good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom