What's new

Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver Ring

Captn SE

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
2,774
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Fellow Tnetters!!

I'm happy to say that the silver streak after 6 consecutive hunts with my new SE Pro coil remains alive! :headbang: On Monday, I met Jon(GoldenApples) at a coastal park that I hadn't been back to since Mike(oknorom) and I couldn't find a silver coin in it last year. We had found wheaties that day, so I knew there just had to be a silver or two hiding somewhere in the park. I felt it would be a good place to challenge the SE Pro coil. Within minutes of arriving, I marked two signals for Jon to listen to before I plugged them. The first signal, he heard clearly. The second was a little fainter, but he heard the whisper of a high-tone. I was anxious to find out what they were. Jon began filming, and I proceed to pull a silver coin out of each plug. I couldn't believe it. Within minutes, I had two silver coins. A couple of hours later, Mike joined in on the fun. I had a very respectable day, netting 6 silvers, including a silver ring, which looks like it has a disintegrating abalone shell inlay, 20 wheats, and a Los Angeles Harbor Ferry Token. I forgot to mention that the small sliver of a coin next to the merc is actually a piece of a wheatie. The SE pro coil is very sensitive to small targets!

Hope everyone enjoys this video. The second recovery in the vid is a classic "deepie" signal, which results in a nice find. Finally!!!

[video=vimeo;1307133]http://www.vimeo.com/1307133[/video]

A special thanks goes to Jon for filming and editing the video! It was very exciting to share those two morning digs with him. Thanks, buddy!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for viewing, and Happy Hunting to all!
KEEP THE PASSION HIGH!

CAPTN SE
Dan
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2855_sm.webp
    IMG_2855_sm.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,167
  • FerryToken_070708.webp
    FerryToken_070708.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,159
  • AgRing_070708.webp
    AgRing_070708.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,153
Upvote 0
FANTASTIC video! Nice work to you both. :thumbsup: I love seeing those old Silvers caught on camera. The way you say "Silver" when you see one come up is the same way we shout "Coin!" when we get an oldie in the Iron Brigade. ;D We hunt spots where any coin is going to be pre-1900's, so it's always great fun to hear someone shout "Coin!"

Nice work, Dan! Keep those videos coming, and keep that silver count CLIMBING.



-Buckles
 
BuckleBoy said:
FANTASTIC video! Nice work to you both. :thumbsup: I love seeing those old Silvers caught on camera. The way you say "Silver" when you see one come up is the same way we shout "Coin!" when we get an oldie in the Iron Brigade. ;D We hunt spots where any coin is going to be pre-1900's, so it's always great fun to hear someone shout "Coin!"

Nice work, Dan! Keep those videos coming, and keep that silver count CLIMBING.



-Buckles

Thanks, Buckles!! Appreciate your reply! Hopefully, we'll be able to capture something nice on our hunt next week.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Re: Finally Caught One On Video! 6 More Silver, 20 Wheats, Ferry Token, Silver

Great video Dan, and great finds. You have really sold me on that explorer. I know what I want for my Birthday!
Thanks! HH Bob
 
Yo, Dan, what's up, man? Our computer took a dump on us, so I couldn't respond to your thread for awhile. We actually still don't have it yet...we are at the college lab now. :D Nice vid again, my friend! Kyle and I are sitting here, with the volumer off, and we could tell when you found that awesome wilver...we read your metal detecting lips. :D

Keep at it, my buddy, and keep the passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk
 
Fantastic finds Dan as always :thumbsup: I really enjoyed watching all the videos that you and Goldenapples (Jon) filmed. Very good quality with excellent sound. It felt like I was actually there witnessing all those finds. Thanks for sharing! Congrats to you too Jon.

HH.....James


P.S. I purchased a new SE a month or so ago with an X1 probe and so far found 6 silvers and a bunch of wheat's. I love this Minelab. I'm saving up to buy that SE Pro coil. After seeing your videos, I'm hooked on getting that coil :icon_sunny:
 
Colonial KirkPA said:
Yo, Dan, what's up, man? Our computer took a dump on us, so I couldn't respond to your thread for awhile. We actually still don't have it yet...we are at the college lab now. :D Nice vid again, my friend! Kyle and I are sitting here, with the volumer off, and we could tell when you found that awesome wilver...we read your metal detecting lips. :D

Keep at it, my buddy, and keep the passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk

Hey, Kirk. How's it going, buddy!! Sorry to hear about your computer. :'( I hope you can get her up and running again.

We all miss you and Kyle contributing to the forum!
Glad you got to watch the video from your school.

Keep the Passion High, my friend from PA!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom