What's new

Finally found a granite axe in a creek.

StevefromMissouri

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
279
Reaction score
388
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been hunting creeks for 40 years and have only found 3 broke granite axes in that time frame. I've found several in the fields, but not the creeks. Earlier this week, I finally got one from a creek! It's a 3/4 Nebo axe. Couldn't be happier!
 

Attachments

  • 20190322_113739.webp
    20190322_113739.webp
    204.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 20190322_113722.webp
    20190322_113722.webp
    341.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nicely made axe in great condition,congrats.
 
Wow, that is nice. Congratulaions
 
That axe is killer , congrats on the find ... don’t get much nicer than that. Very nice backdrop for the pics [emoji15]... so happy you ripped your pants off ? Lol
 
That axe is killer , congrats on the find ... don’t get much nicer than that. Very nice backdrop for the pics [emoji15]... so happy you ripped your pants off ? Lol

No, just taken at home on some jean's, I changed the pic.
 
Nice one for sure! Congrats...
 
Very nice Missouri ax, what part of Missouri? I use to live in Columbia and hunted a lot of MidMo.
 
Pretty darn awesome!
 
Very nice find! That's something that's rarely seen down this way.
 
Awesome find. Congratulations
 
Wow. I have never found even a piece of one.
 
Very nice.

In all my hunts in Missouri back in the 70's through the 80's I only found one hardstone relic, not near as nice as that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom