What's new

Finally got a seated coin....1856 half dime

postalgriff

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
1,093
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just got back from a short hunt with my brother near Jackson, Michigan. Dug this 1856 half dime at 4 inches. said thank you to the Almighty, and didnt care if I dug anything else. obtained permission at a random house that was near a college site in the mid 1800's and do have permission to go back :-). my brother eyeballed a 1893 IH on top of the ground on the crest of a hill that was kinda gravely (his first 1800's coin) couple of lantern peices and part of a harmonica reed. Also, a clock face that looks like someone practiced inscription on it. thanks for looking all. Griff
 

Attachments

  • 8-16.webp
    8-16.webp
    33 KB · Views: 239
  • 8-16 relics.webp
    8-16 relics.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 8-16 half dime.webp
    8-16 half dime.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 8-16 half dime back.webp
    8-16 half dime back.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 8-16.webp
    8-16.webp
    33 KB · Views: 232
  • 8-16 relics.webp
    8-16 relics.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 8-16 half dime.webp
    8-16 half dime.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 8-16 half dime back.webp
    8-16 half dime back.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 239
Nice coin Griff!!! I have yet to find one and it's killin me!!! One of these days................
 
Very very cool! :headbang: Love that Half dime! It is in the Air brother!!!!!!!!! I pulled my first Seated today as well! :headbang: 1886 Seated dime. :headbang: Will post her later. Getting ready to leave. A huge congrats and hope many more comes your way! :headbang:
 
Great find! Congrats to you! :thumbsup:
 
Really cool coin my friend! That's the oldest thing to come out of Jackson in awhile. If it's in the air, then I hope I'm next in line! ffd
 
That half dime is awesome.
Aren't you glad I passed that up for you? ;D
Can't wait to go swinging in that area again
Congratulations!!
 
Brentallica said:
That half dime is awesome.
Aren't you glad I passed that up for you? ;D
Can't wait to go swinging in that area again
Congratulations!!
yeah then I could of eyeballed that IH!! :laughing7: next time you can pick your area I promise :headbang:
 
Congrats on a cool find. No turning back now. Seateds all over the place from here on out. Location, Location, Location. Keep em coming.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom