Finally got some gold (and its a whopper!!!!!!)

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Went out hunting in my new park the last 2 days and boy has it been fun! I got out the first evening for just a couple of hours and got some nice coinage, here's the tally.....buffs..1918 and 1925...barber dimes..1902 and 1915 rosie 1961...IHP's 1902,1903,1904 and 1909 wheatie so after that hunt I decided to get up early and hit it again this morning and go over an area that produced all the seated coins last week. I decided to dig the odd and iffy signals to see what else might be hiding under the soil. I got a neat locket then a very small lead horseman. I was really enjoying the little extra's when I got a nice hard signal that was kinda deep so I popped a nice plug and the first pile of dirt outa the hole rolls out this big gold object, all I could think was " I hope this is real!" A giant of a ring that at first looked like a class ring. I carefully took it to a nearby stream and washed off the dirt and looked inside the band and there it said 10K.........WOOOOOHOOOOO! then I noticed the stone on top.....diamond!!! WOOOOOHOOOO again! man was I doing the happy dance! That about did me in for the day but I had managed to get a few other neat finds...Duluth bus token, a penny thats been hit by a train, musketball,and a few others that I'll post pics of. I am going to try to find the owner of the ring as it has initials inside, don't know how it will come out as it has not much info to go on other than its a U.S. military ring, Airborne. I sure would love to be able to hand that ring to the person who lost it since they have given so much to us and our country allready, it would be nice to give something back to them!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• army ring top.jpg
    army ring top.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,675
  • toy horseman.jpg
    toy horseman.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,645
  • musketball,locket,flat penny, token.jpg
    musketball,locket,flat penny, token.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,694
  • earring baby pic and badge.jpg
    earring baby pic and badge.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,704
  • coins and indians.jpg
    coins and indians.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,663
  • cap gun.jpg
    cap gun.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,669
  • army ring left.jpg
    army ring left.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,668
  • army ring right.jpg
    army ring right.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,671
Upvote 0
Great finds and awesome ring man!! :thumbsup: Keep up the good work.

Steve

Now that is what I call a banner find. Great digs. Looks like a recent lost ring for there is very little wear spots. Good luck finding the owner but they will be excited when you return it. Keep us updated on your progress.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 1,584
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 1,582
Awesome finds Jack! congrats on the gold ring! also congrats on all that silver :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i am hoping to dig a barber dime this season. This park is really producing for you keep it up :thumbsup: best of luck and HH

now thats a sweet find. love how u intend on returing it to the owner... great find

WK

Awesome ring Slipp! Looks like that park is going to have you busy all summer! Good luck there, keep em coming! FFD

Great finds. I would be interested in seeing what that child looks like today and how old :thumbsup: any indicators on where, who or when on that picture?

God bless
Peter

Man , I really do think you've got the best honey hole in that 100 acre park - that I'm aware of . Argentium.

WTG Jack on the ring. I bet you will finding some more rings in that park, not to mention a ridiculous amount of coins. I haven't been finding quantity lately but have been doing good at the old stuff. Still waiting for my Capped Bust!!!

Sounds like you had a great day, Jack!

I'll bet you can do it again, today!!!

Congrats
rmptr

Thanks everybody for the super nice comments, I have been trying to gain info on finding the owner of the ring, but the US goverment isn't the easiest people to get info from lol. I'll keep you all informed on the story if it gets any further.

Thanks

Slipperyjack47

I like the ring, very nice!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back