What's new

Finally it has happened to me, tiny gold, come and see!

Msbeepbeep

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2012
Messages
15,841
Reaction score
24,153
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to make up for lost hunting time this past winter by going out 5 mornings detecting this past week. Have to hunt the schools before the kids come back.

Well Sunday it happened! After going all of last year with out a gold find, I found it, but not with the detector. :dontknow:
I spent 3 hours detecting a park next to a school about half way through I was walking across the black topped sidewalk and there was a tiny gold glimmer in the sun light. I scooped it up looked good but it's tiny so I can't really tell until I get home. Found a 1944 wheat by and old tree stump too.

I think my detector is miffed at me for finding it. After I found it the M6 started reading zincs and clad as trash, pop and screw tops. It also read a zinc as a ring, something it has never done before, and there was nothing else in the hole, I checked.

These first 2 pics are Sunday's hunt. A family member had my i-pad so I couldn't post. :BangHead: image.webp. image.webp


These last pics are the weeks total, trash and all...just in case you guys forgot what trash looks like :laughing7: image.webp
 
Upvote 54
ret 05- I have dug so much of it...I now find it interesting :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

JC- it will happen for you! I was just impatient waiting for the detector to find it...it took all of last year and up till now! :BangHead: :laughing7:
 
Great job there lady! Happy to see you get into the shiny stuff. You've got one more than I have. Hope you have a great year
 
I Love Gooooold!
 
I knew you'd find gold and in the case with gold, size doesn't matter. Lol Any gold is good!!

Congrats!!
 
gold is gold!, that's cool ya found such a small one too!, it all adds up!
 
Big grats on the wee gold, Beep! You get the dancing kitty for that one!

 
Thank you Ahab! I hope you find that elusive cellar hole and the goodies! :headbang:

TrdKing - I love gold too...but sometimes it doesn't love me back! :icon_scratch:

deershed- thanks! Yep the gold will look real good in a 100X magnified display case! I do wish the detector had found it so at lest it would know what it's looking for! :dontknow:

Cjon- yep I'm building a mountain, one flake at a time, may take a while! :goldbar::2barsgold::3barsgold: :treasurechest:

Higgy- awww how cute! Thanks! I wish my happy dance was that cute instead of...well...down right scarey! I need more practice. :laughing7:
 
gold is gold!, that's cool ya found such a small one too!, it all adds up!
I have found that gold attracts gold. There is more on the way for you. Dont stop now
 
Congrats on the gold my friend!! I am truly happy for you and hope there's many more in store!

-- Jeff --
 
Good job on the gold, I have none but then again I am mainly a silver hunter so therefore if I do find some it will be by accident lol. Also I wish my detector would see pennies as trash....god I am sick of digging them.
 
Thank you Jeff! I feel like I finally have my foot in the gold finding door, so maybe I can get both feet in. :laughing7:

Thanks Swagman! This was an accidental gold find, I eyeballed it as I crossed the black top sidewalk. I was carting the detector across so I wasn't swinging it. The M6 is great at identifying silver, gold not so much, small pieces read as foil...and there's a lot of foil trash around!
I'm hoping the reason my detector is reading zincs as trash is they are deteriorating and that there 's nothing wrong with the detector, it hasn't done this in the past, in fact it has been very accurate in it's readings previously. This is a little worrisome. :icon_scratch:
 
Nice find. I see that you are starting small with the gold, I assume that you will find larger and larger gold items as the season continues. GL&HH.
 
Well done on the gold :goldbar: many more ;)
 
It always pays to have trained eyeballs. Nice find!!
 
Nice yellow!! Now I know your pumped to hammer that place! :thumbsup:
 
Thank you for that thought Tom! Bigger would be better...at lest I wouldn't need a 30X loop to see it!

CMDd- thank you!

Bill - shinny yellow is a nice sight, anywhere! I think the detector was a little ticked off tho.

OBN- I'm pumped to hammer all the places! Just hope the M6 is up for it....I know, I know, it's the operator!
 
OBN- I'm pumped to hammer all the places! Just hope the M6 is up for it....I know, I know, it's the operator!

Hang in there Msbeep it just takes time, sometimes a lots :BangHead:
 

Cut yourself some slack Msbb, the snow is finally gone and you're out there detecting! :thumbsup:
I have a feeling your going to find something BANNER worthy this year too! :occasion14:

Best of luck to you,
Dave
 
Well done MSBB, you have just opened up the flood gates and now the gold will flow your way. Congrats
ZDD
 
Good :icon_cyclops_ani:gotta like gold.I know all to well what trash looks like,about all I have been hauling here lately.Might have to change my user name to Oscar.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom