What's new

Finally it has happened to me, tiny gold, come and see!

Msbeepbeep

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2012
Messages
15,841
Reaction score
24,153
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to make up for lost hunting time this past winter by going out 5 mornings detecting this past week. Have to hunt the schools before the kids come back.

Well Sunday it happened! After going all of last year with out a gold find, I found it, but not with the detector. :dontknow:
I spent 3 hours detecting a park next to a school about half way through I was walking across the black topped sidewalk and there was a tiny gold glimmer in the sun light. I scooped it up looked good but it's tiny so I can't really tell until I get home. Found a 1944 wheat by and old tree stump too.

I think my detector is miffed at me for finding it. After I found it the M6 started reading zincs and clad as trash, pop and screw tops. It also read a zinc as a ring, something it has never done before, and there was nothing else in the hole, I checked.

These first 2 pics are Sunday's hunt. A family member had my i-pad so I couldn't post. :BangHead: image.webp. image.webp


These last pics are the weeks total, trash and all...just in case you guys forgot what trash looks like :laughing7: image.webp
 
Upvote 54
Nice digs. That is for sure tiny, but it adds up.
 
Nice eyeball finding there MsB :occasion14: I found a distorted item of some sort in the malls parking area, my Mom was going that is gross picking items up, I was like no it appears to be "GOLD!" I was right it test out as 10k with my acid testing kit! That M6 is supposed to be good at finding rings, I have seen others who have posted some good ring in past that have it in their signatures, does it have an adjustable ground balance ?
 
Excellent eyeballing, MSBB, Just the fact that we are "out there" and looking inevitably gives us surface finds. And if your detector is misbehaving, it is time for some "time out" or other discipline. Make it sit in the car and watch as you use another detector to have fun. Nothing spurs competition like jealousy! Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)
 
Well, from 92 foot snowbanks to digging in the ground. I'd say "you've come a long way baby!". ;)

Looks like fun to me!

And I have a small disagreement with you. You say you found the gold without the detector, but, what did you come there for? AND, what did you have in your hand while you were looking down, going across that parking lot? ;)

Nice finds! WTG!
 
The next one will be BIGGER.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Nice digs Msbeepbeep....:icon_thumright:
 
Good find, the first is always the hardest.
 
Hooray on the gold! Congrats.
When your detector gets reading properly again ,try it on your new found gold...
 
Congrats on your first gold of the years. :thumbsup:

Man you sure dug a lot in those few hours. Nice clad haul, it sure adds up fast.
 
I have been trying to make up for lost hunting time this past winter by going out 5 mornings detecting this past week. Have to hunt the schools before the kids come back.

Well Sunday it happened! After going all of last year with out a gold find, I found it, but not with the detector. :dontknow:
I spent 3 hours detecting a park next to a school about half way through I was walking across the black topped sidewalk and there was a tiny gold glimmer in the sun light. I scooped it up looked good but it's tiny so I can't really tell until I get home. Found a 1944 wheat by and old tree stump too.

I think my detector is miffed at me for finding it. After I found it the M6 started reading zincs and clad as trash, pop and screw tops. It also read a zinc as a ring, something it has never done before, and there was nothing else in the hole, I checked.

These first 2 pics are Sunday's hunt. A family member had my i-pad so I couldn't post. :BangHead:.


These last pics are the weeks total, trash and all...just in case you guys forgot what trash looks like :laughing7:


I noticed signals like that,same target different grounds the VDI varies.

one VDI number I have come to know well is +67.......................A STINKIN LINCOLN.

Nice pile of trash by the way.:laughing7:
 
Congrats on the gold. I wish my coin to trash ratio was that high! For that many coins my trash pile would have 10X bigger.
 
I-Dig-It, I'm happy to have found any gold! :hello2:

Rob finds, It sure is! :icon_thumright:

CRM- the M6 likes rings & loves silver...so it maybe the operator. Thanks for the pm'd info. :treasurechest:

Sub- I would try that but I think the M6 would bust out in peals of laughter when I pull out the pin pointer! :laughing7:

WIF- thank you, it is good to finally get gold! :hello2: Technically that is correct it was there and on, but next time I eyeball gold I'm going to hold it up and yell "FOIL! VDI #2" and see what the M6's response is. :laughing7:

Hopefully Chris, we won't need a magnifier to see my next one! :find: :icon_scratch: On this site I get Lincoln's reading +78 and lower. At this point I have a good start on cornering the used metals market, and evidently need to add to my "foil" pile! :2barsgold: The zinc reading as straight out "ring" was a first. Pop tops & bottle caps yes, but a zinc a little weird. :icon_scratch:

PP- Thank you! :occasion14:

Rick- Thanks, I hope I'm now over the speed bump! :3barsgold:

Releventchair Thank you! I will be running some tests for sure. :icon_scratch: :metaldetector::goldbar:

LD- Thank you! Evidently I need to dig more trash, if I don't find gold I can cash the trash!:icon_thumleft: :treasurechest:

gaela4- thanks! You are right, I need to up the foil count!:icon_thumleft:
 
6 or 7 More clad Hauls like that & you can buy U a Gold $1 Coin . But It's much better to find one.
=(Any Gold)
Davers
 
Nice find in the gold and trust me...I know what trash looks like lol. I think my pouch would spit anything out that wasn't!
 
Danvers- if I don't start finding more I just may have to do that :icon_thumleft: . Maybe the M6 has forgotten what gold is. :icon_scratch:

Vol1266X- Thank you!

OD- I know what you mean! I think I maybe addicted (to trash)...I just don't "feel right" unless I dig some! :laughing7: Plus I don't want to mislead the newbies into thinking it's all gravy!
I just need to dig the "right type" of trash...with a K after it!
Now if the M6 is still talking to me, we're good! The search goes on!
 
I definitely am well-versed in digging trash. In fact, I can detect it 8-10 inches deep. Its thins other than trash that kick my butt. Nice job eyeballing the gold bling...Brad
 
Tiny or not, you've found more gold that me this year haha! Nice job
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom