finally shot the civil war bullet monkey off my back

diggin tennessee

Jun 26, 2010
athens, tennessee
Detector(s) used
white's and explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
headed down to georgia today on a hunt with dave (mac232), his 2 kids and greg (gunrunner61). first off, thank you gunrunner for putting us on some good spots, had a great time and hope to do it again. i had every intention of finally finding my first civil war bullet today and was prepared to kill if i didn't. after about 2 minutes of detecting i found my first, it looked so cute just sitting there in a big wad of mud. then dave's girl got her first one (she kicked butt) and finally ended up with 3 or 4. i ended up with 4 total, some scrap metal, an old buckle that needs cleaning and $1.04 in clad (coke time). thanks again gunrunner, hope i can return the favor real soon.

thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• DSCF0949.JPG
    DSCF0949.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 621
  • DSCF0940.JPG
    DSCF0940.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 677
  • DSCF0944.JPG
    DSCF0944.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 739
  • DSCF0945.JPG
    DSCF0945.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 741
  • DSCF0946.JPG
    DSCF0946.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 752
  • DSCF0952.JPG
    DSCF0952.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 877
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your first D.T. Are you ready for the next 1,000 as they get easier to find after the first one? Put that bullet in a special box as you will never forget when and where you dug it. HH, Quindy.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm glad you got da bullit monkey offen yur back, and maybe next time I'll have a little better spot picked out. Congratulations my new friend :notworthy: :notworthy:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I will have to agree. That is one of the cutest bullets I have ever seen. I know you had to be excited finding your first bullet and I hope you find many more in the future.
Congrats
Dman

OP
OP
diggin tennessee

diggin tennessee

Jun 26, 2010
athens, tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gunrunner61 said:
Well, I'm glad you got da bullit monkey offen yur back, and maybe next time I'll have a little better spot picked out. Congratulations my new friend :notworthy: :notworthy:
if you get a chance to come up to athens, tn. let me know, i've got a spot that has not been hunted (so ive been told) and have permission to hunt it all i want. just have to get the land owner to show me where the home sites were at on his property.

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grats on your first CW bullet. You will find plenty more now! :hello2:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first CW bullet. :hello2: I still remember finding my first too.
Well done,
MM

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big congrats to you and Shiloh , Doug . :hello2: :notworthy: Now on to the IH !!! I look forward to future hunts with you and Greg , gotta come up with a nick name for us one day , lol . :evil5: Gotta work at least 5 days this week on days , then hopefully I'll go to my regular shift . 99% positive you and I will be on the same schedule .

Dave

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome! Still waiting for my first one. Hard to come by in Onlsow County, NC.

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
LMAO at your title, the 2 no ringers are known as Cosmopolitan carbines around here, they are good bullets to find. HH

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I envy you boys back East with all that CW history to dig, here in Ca,the only bullets I find are from drivebys :laughing7:
congrats on hitting your first CW bullet, the others are icing on the cake
well done!!!!

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008
great job...i know how you feel as i remember my first bullet as yesterday.mabe a button or buckle is next, the best to you

Civil War Nut

Nov 28, 2011
Northwest Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's V3 & White's V3i with all coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds DT. Now how doses it feel to get hooked . Now you got the never ending FEAVER . Ha good luck . Better just go ahead and tell Mama not to waite up for you no more and put supper in the frig. .

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations! :hello2:

I remember my first too... ;D It was a fired bullet found on a battlefield (private property, of course...). Sent cold chills down my spine thinking that it was intended to kill someone but missed and I was the first to touch it in 145+ years. My hands were shaking as I reached down and picked it up.

OP
OP
diggin tennessee

diggin tennessee

Jun 26, 2010
athens, tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civil War Nut said:
Nice finds DT. Now how doses it feel to get hooked . Now you got the never ending FEAVER . Ha good luck . Better just go ahead and tell Mama not to waite up for you no more and put supper in the frig. .
I've been a coin shooter for awhile but always wanted to get into the relic side of THE WORLD'S GREATEST HOBBY and i am sorry that i waited so long to do it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread