jewelerdave
Hero Member
- Joined
- Aug 29, 2007
- Messages
- 850
- Reaction score
- 98
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- Detector(s) used
- I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
A couple weeks ago I found a local credit union I missed, not much just $50 in halves that produced a ben, but I noticed they had a self serve coin machine.
AWSOME, that will make dumping easier as some tellers get a bit weired out when i come in more than once a week dumping 2 to 3k in halves at a time.
I asked if the machine took halves, they said let me check, yes it did, Cool. Is there a limmit as to how many coins you can use though it, Nope.
Cool, I have a couple buckets full of change I need to get rid of.
Well I had to open an account or it was an 8% fee...how much to open an account, just $25 and a $5 fee.
OK great.
So as I was opening my account the banker had the most distraught look on his face.
"is everything ok sir you have the most distraught look on your face?"
"no its fine you just seem to have a lot of different bank accounts, I am just looking you up on the net work that banks share and it seems you have opened a lot of accounts lately...with everybody!"
"is that ok?"
"yeah its fine, you have a good credit score its just a pain to go though on this system"
thank god I though, last thing I need is for this to be some problem.
"oh ok"
I guess I should not open so many accounts at once. oh well.
I made my deposit and then Got some more coins.
Well I went in later in the afternoon with a bucket, the coin machine took a while to process them, so it was slow going. but probably more accurate. It took about a half hour to feed all the coins though, But there was some change in the reject tray, Cool, I checked em and one was a 1919 wheet, nice. and after dumping my halves and dimes another reject popped out, a silver dime, NICE! I though, must have been stuck in there and loosened up when I dumped the halves.
The rest of the day was ok,
Weird though, but not bad, I got 5 90 and 5 40s, I have never gotten even numbers of them before like that. I also ended up with 4 silver dimes for the day.
One of my other banks while I was picking up the dimes for the weekend while I was at the teller booth next to me cracked open a roll. She piped up, I got another Canadian, and took it to her manager, she then went and put it on the back area in a little tin.
I looked over at her. hi, what happens to the Canadian stuff you find.
Oh we usually throw it away.
really, I collect weird stuff like that if its nota problem I will take them off your hanks.
Oh do you collect coins,
yeah I do, as I am picking up a couple hundred bucks of coins! LOL
oh yeah no prob,
Sweet! She went back and dumped a lot of stuff in her hand, and for some reason picked something out and tossed back in like 4 or 5 coins...my guess, silver.
she came over and said, here ya go, oh this is a token, do you want it?
Sure.
So I got a nice little stash of nickels and dimes from Canada.
They thought it was neat that I collected the coins.
I said, "well it keeps me off the streets"
LOL
AWSOME, that will make dumping easier as some tellers get a bit weired out when i come in more than once a week dumping 2 to 3k in halves at a time.
I asked if the machine took halves, they said let me check, yes it did, Cool. Is there a limmit as to how many coins you can use though it, Nope.
Cool, I have a couple buckets full of change I need to get rid of.
Well I had to open an account or it was an 8% fee...how much to open an account, just $25 and a $5 fee.
OK great.
So as I was opening my account the banker had the most distraught look on his face.
"is everything ok sir you have the most distraught look on your face?"
"no its fine you just seem to have a lot of different bank accounts, I am just looking you up on the net work that banks share and it seems you have opened a lot of accounts lately...with everybody!"
"is that ok?"
"yeah its fine, you have a good credit score its just a pain to go though on this system"
thank god I though, last thing I need is for this to be some problem.
"oh ok"
I guess I should not open so many accounts at once. oh well.
I made my deposit and then Got some more coins.
Well I went in later in the afternoon with a bucket, the coin machine took a while to process them, so it was slow going. but probably more accurate. It took about a half hour to feed all the coins though, But there was some change in the reject tray, Cool, I checked em and one was a 1919 wheet, nice. and after dumping my halves and dimes another reject popped out, a silver dime, NICE! I though, must have been stuck in there and loosened up when I dumped the halves.
The rest of the day was ok,
Weird though, but not bad, I got 5 90 and 5 40s, I have never gotten even numbers of them before like that. I also ended up with 4 silver dimes for the day.
One of my other banks while I was picking up the dimes for the weekend while I was at the teller booth next to me cracked open a roll. She piped up, I got another Canadian, and took it to her manager, she then went and put it on the back area in a little tin.
I looked over at her. hi, what happens to the Canadian stuff you find.
Oh we usually throw it away.
really, I collect weird stuff like that if its nota problem I will take them off your hanks.
Oh do you collect coins,
yeah I do, as I am picking up a couple hundred bucks of coins! LOL
oh yeah no prob,
Sweet! She went back and dumped a lot of stuff in her hand, and for some reason picked something out and tossed back in like 4 or 5 coins...my guess, silver.
she came over and said, here ya go, oh this is a token, do you want it?
Sure.
So I got a nice little stash of nickels and dimes from Canada.
They thought it was neat that I collected the coins.
I said, "well it keeps me off the streets"
LOL
Ht 2007 CRH Total: 11 16 07
War Nickels – 5
Buffalo Nicks - 1
V Nickel 1 (1899)
proof Nickel - 1
Sil Dimes - 17
Sil Wash Qtrs - 0
90% Kennedy - 87
40% Kennedy - 879
Franklins - 61
Walkers - 16
Barber – 2 (1904, 1910s)
Comm. Sil Halves – 1 1992 columbus
Prf Halves – 37
of witch are Silver Proofs 12
Ikes - 45
War Nickels – 5
Buffalo Nicks - 1
V Nickel 1 (1899)
proof Nickel - 1
Sil Dimes - 17
Sil Wash Qtrs - 0
90% Kennedy - 87
40% Kennedy - 879
Franklins - 61
Walkers - 16
Barber – 2 (1904, 1910s)
Comm. Sil Halves – 1 1992 columbus
Prf Halves – 37
of witch are Silver Proofs 12
Ikes - 45
Upvote
0








