What's new

Finding a privy on a dowsing map

angifogg

Full Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is it possible to find old privys and old dump pits by map dowsing?
We have been checking out an old area that consisted of four homes in a cluster by a river that dates back to early-mid 1800s and we have not yet found a dump pit or a privy. Any thoughts on this as a map dowser?

Thanks in advance for your insight

Angifogg
 
This brings back some of my childhood memories....We had a outhouse..I remember moving it...the hard pan was only about 2 foot deep...Thus it was easier to dig a shallow hole and move it often..As far as the dump I don’t remember a lot of trash that was not burned...So I guess it is just how easy it was to dig a hole in that area...Art
43.webp
 
Last edited:
I would say it should be easy to dowse the privy site. It will have left a certain say DNA imprint on the ground. At least be able to dowse that the ground was disturbed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom