What's new

Finds for gifts

birdman

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
7,467
Reaction score
2,418
Golden Thread
1
Location
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,my father in law is a bit of a history buff also so I had my wife put him some relics in a case for his birthday. Turned out pretty good.
He has never hunted but is always fascinated by CW digs and other stuff I dig up.
Any one ever used there finds as gifts?

Bman
 

Attachments

  • DSC01980 [320x200].webp
    DSC01980 [320x200].webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC01981 [320x200].webp
    DSC01981 [320x200].webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 144
Sure do. Found a nice Italian made silver bracelet while metal detecting a dried lake bed. Sent it to the jeweler and had it polished. Gave it to my daughter as "Recovered treasure"
 
They make nice gifts when dressed up nice. Frank

ax300.webpmoon struck.webptrain brake 700-.webpHeart Lock 475.webpMa and Pa clutch 475.webpEven the humble finds look good mounted.
 
Love the mounted lock. Really neat.
 
Thanks Birdman, I found it in an old barn, it is brass. I gave it a fast acid wash, routed out a 1/4" bed for it and mounted it with a commercial glue. I had a jeweler engrave the tags. The wood is black walnut, a tree I cut down 40 years ago. My neighbor sawed it on his mill. I left the circular saw marks on it for effect. Frank

golded bird.webp
 
I find a lot of 'things' at garage/estate sales. Most of the gifts I give at Christmas and other occasions are found items or things I've made (I have an obsession with decorative boxes, I make about six or seven every year).

Love your mountings.
 
capt-zero, Thanks. I think when someone creates something from his findings he gets twice the pleasure out of this activity.
Here's a spike from the MA and PA RR. Frank

Ma and Pa srike.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom