What's new

Finds from my creek

ptsofnc

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,000
Reaction score
957
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't posted any creek or field finds in quite awhile. But found this big blade/knife yesterday and decided to post others I've found too. All found in the same creek so you can see there is quite a variety. Decided yesterday to go farther up the creek than I'd ever been. Found a great rock obstruction and felt that in front (of the rock) might be a good place to look. Stunned when I found this blade. All of the points in the frame came from this same creek and some of been posted before. The blade is too big for this frame.

IMAG0120.webpIMAG0123.webpIMAG0124.webpIMAG0122.webp]1587906[/ATTACH]
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0126.webp
    IMAG0126.webp
    197.7 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
Sorry about the poor pictures
 
Nice finds! Looks like you have a good creek to hunt!
 
Congrats on some really nice finds.
 
Cool finds on the blade its just so large in length I couldnt help but think possible flaked Celt. Not sure on how you feel about that but maybe a side view would help. Glad somebody is pulling some good ones. Skunk City USA over here.
 
Cool finds on the blade its just so large in length I couldnt help but think possible flaked Celt. Not sure on how you feel about that but maybe a side view would help. Glad somebody is pulling some good ones. Skunk City USA over here.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of a celt. I just thought it was a large knife because one side has more use wear. It is pretty thin for it's size. Not clunky.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom