What's new

Finds from the last couple weeks....

digger27

Bronze Member
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
1,509
Reaction score
3,226
Golden Thread
0
A good year for me is maybe 6 silver dimes for the year, this year I am off to a great start with 6 silver coins so far one of those was my first ever SLQ found in the same hole with a 42 non silver nickel, a large piece of rusted iron slag and a copper cent a few inches above them.
A couple of silver religious medals in that total, too, still finding old wheats galore and I have an all time record for those already and the year is just beginning.
All of these were from an old park within walking distance from my house and 3 homes with some very small front lawns that I have permission to hunt on the path to that old park.
All my dirt here in Birmingham is mineralized, even the black stuff, and I have some severe problems with tiny iron mixed in and infused into most of my soil here in the city and tons of iron slag down there too thanks to the steel and iron manufacturing history of this city.
There is a reason we call this devil dirt but with much experimentation I have found a few settings that have somewhat cracked this code and gotten me a bit deeper to levels where some pretty masked and hidden gems are still hiding.
I wonder what the year will hold as I start hitting other sites further out.
 

Attachments

  • user10659_pic69905_1454858052_PerfectlyClear.webp
    user10659_pic69905_1454858052_PerfectlyClear.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 93
  • user10659_pic69813_1454071246_PerfectlyClear.webp
    user10659_pic69813_1454071246_PerfectlyClear.webp
    73 KB · Views: 95
  • user10659_pic69732_1453462318_PerfectlyClear.webp
    user10659_pic69732_1453462318_PerfectlyClear.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 143
  • user10659_pic69635_1452992672_PerfectlyClear.webp
    user10659_pic69635_1452992672_PerfectlyClear.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 87
  • user10659_pic69216_1450307769_PerfectlyClear0001.webp
    user10659_pic69216_1450307769_PerfectlyClear0001.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 10
Very well done! I like the SLQ... I have only found one, so they look really good to me!

I like the religious medals too.

Best of luck to you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom