What's new

Fire !!! :0

I'm gonna assume you're joking. That smoke will kill you real quick buddy, fire part won't matter. Get rid of that open heater, get somethin else goin on. Fire is nothin to mess around with, and these days we have the ways and means to early detect them and get out ok. But if you do decide to live the outlaw life and everything goes up in flames and you are able to get out, do not decide you need to go back in for a detector or whatever. There was a guy who successfully escaped a house fire, but ran back in for something seconds before I arrived, and he burned to death because when I did get there, I couldn't get in to get him out.

We lost a neighbour this very summer also, ran back in and that was the end, his wife and brother were watching from the outside through the window helpless.
 
the question everyone (but me) is afraid to ask
" what are you doing with such girlie curtains?" lace really?
 
the question everyone (but me) is afraid to ask
" what are you doing with such girlie curtains?" lace really?

?Sorry I don't know from "Lace" ? (family Dollar Curtains)I do know they were cheap.
and considering the results, I'm glad that's what she picked out for me.
I would have picked out cotton.

shopping.webp

Not sure how that would have Fared
 
Last edited:
Can't get it for My house. Would need to tear it Down & rebuild, So Yes home insurance-such a waste of money !
when I had it, it was like, Spend $10,000 Here,
Spend $20,000 Here Make your Monthly Payment to us, Spend another $10,000 Here. Do this, Do That. Not enough We're Dropping you ! ya Know they doubled my Payments when they found out I was on a Fixed Low income ? :unhappysmiley: Not sure if it's fear I'd scam them, Or
knowing I can't afford to make my house look like a 22st Century
Mansion that protects itself from fire and the weather, & needing them. first time I reported a Roof Leak they dropped me like a Hot potato

What's the point of having insurance if you can't use it to pay for some disaster? Instead you need to pay tons of money to have your home be completely disaster proof, then the insurance company has less of a chance of having to pay for any incidents. I should get in on the home insurance business, I could make a fortune! :laughing7:
 
I am sad that I can't use the 250 year old open hearth fireplace at my place, apparently it isn't safe anymore (it was found behind a wall in the kitchen 30 years ago). I might be able to use the attached beehive oven though, with some work on it. I am not going to take any risks though. These old two floor farmhouses, with dry exposed beams everywhere, the house being made up of attached long narrow one room additions leading to the barn, are just a fire waiting to happen!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom