First barber dime of the year and Purdue University watch fob.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went detecting with my friend Dennis Childers, who showed me some places he thought might be good. I found this cool old Purdue University watch fob,about 8" deep in his grandmothers yard. On the back it says,"Made by machine shop" and "Department of practical mechanics."

I decided I had to find at least one more good item so I went out again. Found LOTS of clad in a grass lot AND then got a penny-like signal of 10-44 which turned out to be my first Barber dime of the year and my 27th silver coin. Pretty decent condition too, with most of "LIBERTY" visible. I now have found a Barber half, quarter and dime this year. Now for that elusive Standing Liberty quarter for 2013!

File140.jpg
File141.jpg
File145.jpg

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I went back out after about $6 in clad change I almost gave up for the day: glad I didn't!
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
You can keep the FOB I will take the dime .
killingme.gif

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Never Give Up"! Way to go on the Barber Dime, the University fob is a neat relic and the +$6 toss it into a large jar and add to it with found money to watch it grow into some thing Special for you!...................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the likes everyone. It's hot today! Inside and out! Our AC is out of commission!:weather_sun:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread