What's new

First class ring

getgoldct

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Location
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ring 2 001.webpring 2 002.webp
This is my first class ring. Found it today in a park in Windsor Connecticut. The year on it is 1975 and the school is Coventry High. I called Coventry high in CT to see if i could find the owner so i can return it but no luck. They said no one with the initials on the inside of the ring attended that school in 1975. So my detecting partner found Coventry High in Rhode Island, and the mascot on the ring and the school match. We called them and the principal said he would look in to it.
 
Upvote 36
Nice find. I wish you much luck in finding the owner.
 
I hope you find the owner.
 
Nice find. I found 3 this year, 64 and 68, and 92.. Yet to return any of them... but I have a good lead on one of them. Good luck to you.
 
Awesome ring, good luck returning it.
 
What detector did you use and what were the VDI numbers?
 
Sweet find - Great Karma! :occasion14:
 
wow thats a fine ring well done :icon_thumright:
 
Finding your first big men's class ring is one of the best feelings you can get in this hobby.
If you find more after, well, that ain't too shabby of a feeling, either.
I am up to 5 in 6 years hunting and the thrill never ends.
CongratZ!
 
You all are pretty nice people. What is the melt value of something like that? Just wondering for when I find one.
 
BEAUTIFUL RING AND HOPE YOU LOCATE ITS OWNER ...
 
You all are pretty nice people. What is the melt value of something like that? Just wondering for when I find one

The 10k class ring I found on Halloween has about $220 in gold! I'm still considering what to do with it. Seems too nice to melt down, but kissing off $220 doesn't sit right with me, either! Decisions, decisions...
 
Thats a lovely big chunk of gold! Good luck with the return if possible.
 
Update on the return, Principal of the school found a name with initial that match the ring. He is going to try to contact the person to see if they are missing the ring. He did not feel comfortable giving me the name of the person for what ever reason. Randy i found it with a Minelab 705 X-Terra, i almost did not dig it because it was going from a gold or nickel hit down to a foil hit. But i dig everything so first I found a ball of foil, and when I put the pin pointer back in the hole there it was.
 
Update on the return, Principal of the school found a name with initial that match the ring. He is going to try to contact the person to see if they are missing the ring. He did not feel comfortable giving me the name of the person for what ever reason. Randy i found it with a Minelab 705 X-Terra, i almost did not dig it because it was going from a gold or nickel hit down to a foil hit. But i dig everything so first I found a ball of foil, and when I put the pin pointer back in the hole there it was.
Congratulations on the find----------------I wish more folks would list the detector used when they have a nice find.:BangHead:
Marvin
 
Hopefully you can reunite the ring and its owner
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom