First clay marble

Jason H.

Dec 2, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT
I was digging out a colonial foundation last Sunday when this marble appeared in the dirt. When I saw it, I thought it might be a musket ball, but its weight and feel made it clear that it is a clay marble.

Here it is with some of the other relics dug from that pit:

-Jason

Attachments

• 2-6-11 finds 007.jpg
    2-6-11 finds 007.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 376
OP
OP
J

Jason H.

Dec 2, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT
duffytrash said:
thats kewl!!

Thanks Duffy! Just a little side note- I went to high school with Jason Brookins, the son of Gary Brookins- the guy who drew the strip in your Avatar. He used to work for the Richmond Times-Dispatch, but he still does the "Pluggers" strip.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
thats way kewl jason..and a small world...i submitted that idea to the pluggers and they used it!!! i was amazed and amused!!!i was gonna get the bigger copy but never did...but i clipped that one outta the paper...if you still talk to your buddy tell him i said thanks !!!

OP
OP
J

Jason H.

Dec 2, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT
duffytrash said:
thats way kewl jason..and a small world...i submitted that idea to the pluggers and they used it!!! i was amazed and amused!!!i was gonna get the bigger copy but never did...but i clipped that one outta the paper...if you still talk to your buddy tell him i said thanks !!!

Really? Hey, that's pretty funny, and I think I've seen a few guys doing the suspenders with sweatpants thing! :laughing9: I haven't seen him since graduating ('98), but if I run into him I'll pass that along! That makes for a pretty cool avatar.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
NOLA_Ken said:
Love old clays, used to find them all time in Illinois, but so far not a one in Louisiana.... ???
Your marble looks to be made of stone instead of clay. I have found marbles like this at very early sites. They are a little more perfect than the clay ones. That's a pretty early looking bottle neck you have there. Good luck finding the old copper and silver coins at that site. Dig everything!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread