What's new

First Gold with the CZ 20 in the Bay........Video

OBN

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
8,272
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland Waters
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This is my second hunt with the CZ 20, and my first Gold with it. Very easy to PP with the 8 inch coil....I see why so many use it in the bay, along with the Miller scoop.............If anyone would like to add in some tips or suggestions, I'm Open...still in the learning mode with the Cz....thanks...joe

 

Attachments

  • sandy point.webp
    sandy point.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC_3819.webp
    DSC_3819.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0
nice hunk of gold! congrats
 
WHAT SUGGESTIONS? It looks like to me that you are off to a great start! WTG

Question: Is that a red light I see on the top of your coil? OR am I just seeing things? My CZ-20 doesn't have that.
 
:icon_thumright:hunt in autotune(more sensetive,deeper,wider) then when you get a signal switch to disc 1 and see if it knocks out the signal, if it does it was just iron.
cz20s were prone to leaking after pinpoint button failure!!!! many do not use the pinpoint button at all. i still do but i am trying to stop!
i much prefer the cz20 tones/pinpointing and ease of use over the excal!!!!!!!!!!
 
i went down that road once myself.

grasshopper..........u will learn

sifter looks kewl.............i have a new one cooking on the burner now..........pitspecial
 
WOW....nice one Joe....I really love the CZs I still use one (CZ-6A) to hunt parks and schools....The CZs still have a problem in heavily iron infested areas...so for me....in the areas that I hunt....the Excal is still the best for me. Good luck with your fisher and real nice video there!!....HH...Brian
 
obn, get that box out of the water or off the shaft. i chest mount mine, but have been told by someone in the know that it may not be a good idea with the cz-21 that i now have due to the cable being steel and prone to stress breaks. i still due it though cause it's just so much easier to move thru the water. my 21 was a 20 and has the lifetime warranty but the cables aren't covered is what i've been told.

my next pc of advise is keep your finger off the pinpoint button. i've had 2 of them go down in flames from using that darn button. (i'm a slow learner, but i got it now!)

you could get a longer straight shaft and move box behind your shoulder. its a little bit tougher to get to the controls that way though.

there's no doubt you got the right idea she sounds sweet on gold!

hope this helps

hh steve
 

Attachments

  • Chestmount bare resized.webp
    Chestmount bare resized.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 284
  • chestmount with cz front resized.webp
    chestmount with cz front resized.webp
    24 KB · Views: 283
  • Chestmount bare resized.webp
    Chestmount bare resized.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 275
  • chestmount with cz front resized.webp
    chestmount with cz front resized.webp
    24 KB · Views: 284
Play with this little trick as it can save you a lot of digging sometimes...........once you have centered a questionable target (tones keep changing), impart a rapid up an down vibration to the coil. Quite often the tone will lock in on a single tone while the coil is being vibrated. I'm not sure why this works but it's usually dead on in it's target identifying while being vibrated like this. Play with it a bit, you'll see what I mean. A good trick to know when in really trashy areas.
 
Thanks Guys, And all the great tips, love the chest mount..going to go thur all later, and implement them into the my next trip. Mummsiee, that was the lights on the control box baby, I love the chest mount so I'm on that later today..good luck to all and thanks again for the tips, I think I love this machine already.........joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom