What's new

First gravel bar find!

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first gravel bar point today. Can you see it buried among all the gravel haha?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566930462.146963.webp

I walked up and down the gravel for an hour or two looking for any buffalo or elk bones and I found nothing but some fossils. I was about to go home when I noticed this guy glowing like a beacon from the mud bank on the side of the gravel bar. I’ve never found so much as an obvious flake down there. It’s nearly perfect and almost perfectly white it’s not quartz it’s a flint but it really turned my day around.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566930525.196728.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566930550.931403.webp

It’s kind of amazing that it has been lost for thousands of years and a recent flood uncovered it and placed it on the side of a mud bank. I found it in the tiny window before the next time the river came up. Had I not been at the right place at the right time it would washed it into the river and possibly lost for another thousand years.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Beautiful point.
 
Could it be white quartz? I've found a few pieces of it at a knapping site I've been messing with and to the touch it feels like flint

Yeah I think you got me tdog.
 
Quartz would be an interesting find, I don’t think it is but I also have never seen a quartz artifact in person so they may not be what I think
 
That's a beauty well done
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom