First night of CRH for me

Pocket Treys

Feb 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 6000
and I got skunked.....I purchased $100 dollars in quarters, $100 in dimes, and like a complete rookie $100 in one dollar coins (the presidential ones...LOL I swear..my brain just turns itself off some times. I also found out that I have a little competition here so I will have to start ordering boxes i guess. I also found a couple of halves around town.

Got skunked and I felt like every 1965 quarter and dime wanted to come out and laugh at me.....Ohhhhhh well...still have $75 in dimes to keep me company tomorrow night. hopefully something will pop up and surprise me there.

$180.50 searched
:'(
SKUNKED

Upvote 0
Welcome to the way it is now. And its a feeling you will get very used too.

Unfortunately with all the first timers, the higher price of silver and more people looking silver is getting scarcer and scarcer. Of course a few deposits will be made, But the more people looking, The less your going to find...if any.

But good luck!

We all have competitors in our area. Use this knowledge to your advantage, get up early and hit the back road banks. You can print off a list of banks on Google and that may help you to the silver. Skunks are just a byproduct of this hobby. Spend a few,dump the rest. You might try the banks inside Wal Marts(I know you have a few of them) Those small banks get coin collections from little old ladies who try to get everything done at one store. Cheers, Jim

coolpix9 said:
We all have competitors in our area. Use this knowledge to your advantage, get up early and hit the back road banks. You can print off a list of banks on Google and that may help you to the silver. Skunks are just a byproduct of this hobby. Spend a few,dump the rest. You might try the banks inside Wal Marts(I know you have a few of them) Those small banks get coin collections from little old ladies who try to get everything done at one store. Cheers, Jim

The funny thing Jim was I thought of that last night and did just that....they did not have any but the girl was practically jumping all over herself to order me a box or two...I said sure since she can get them in 2 days rather than waiting a week.

Pocket Treys said:
the girl was practically jumping all over herself to order me a box or two...
Make that a good source bank. One good thing about an in-store bank.

Get a shopping cart and push the whole order out at once. :D

Several times I have had to make three trips to my car with coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back